Dota 2’s International prize pool nearing $6 million

    
7
Dota 2

Dota 2’s International prize purse is approaching $6 million, thanks to crowdfunding efforts centered around the “Compendium,” a virtual level treadmill that rewards purchasers with in-game cosmetic rewards.

Polygon points out that Valve keeps 75 percent of Compendium sales, with the remaining 25 percent going directly to The International’s prize pool. Valve intends for this year’s T15 prize pool to top $15 million.

[Source: Polygon]
newest oldest most liked
Subscribe to:
MikedotFoster
Guest
MikedotFoster

agemyth MikedotFoster I actually haven’t played since the patch. I’m not sure if I’m ready to learn all the new items.

Goronmon
Guest
Goronmon

spaceodin The grand final kind of sucked, but the rest of the tournament was pretty great. There were lots of really good matches to watch.

spaceodin
Guest
spaceodin

the grand final couldn’t possibly be as disappointing as last years…or could it?

agemyth
Guest
agemyth

MikedotFoster Did you do the DAC? I can see how some fatigue or disinterest could set in after this many years of compendiums. I’ve only ever done the $10 base purchase and just playing an unhealthy amount of dota to earn the levels I really want.
Dota season is now! I use this time of year to get back into the game.

agemyth
Guest
agemyth

Waiting for a paycheck for this… But I want :(

MikedotFoster
Guest
MikedotFoster

I said this in the NSM thread, but I’m just not feeling the compendium this year. Last year I dumped money into it but this year I think I’ll stick with the base thing just to support the prize pool.

greatmilenko
Guest
greatmilenko

Oh how I hate not being good at something…..Dota.