It’s been a busy week for the folks at Blizzard. We’ve gotten a quartet of videos for Overwatch characters showing off early gameplay, and Heroes of the Storm slipped into that fabled open beta state. Then NCsoft goes and makes a big splash by announcing that Blade & Soul is finally coming over here after an enormous delay. I tried it out and thought it was pretty cool.
So what else happened this week? You know, this and that.
- Crowfall shed some light on centaurs and changing player-purchased items. Want to talk about it on the official forums? Only backers can do that now.
- There’s stuff on the roadmap for fan-produced City of Heroes spiritual successor Valiance Online.
- Looks like Landmark is going to be pushing its combat a bit harder, as dungeon delving is set to be a major part of the game, with the obvious caveat that more dungeon crawls means more combat.
- The Repopulation has a launch date in mind! It’s Q4 of this year, for the record.
- There are pretty ambitious plans for Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade‘s open-world conflicts.
- Crossout is taking beta signups from those who want vehicle combat in a post-apocalyptic setting.
- Lord of Vermillion: Arena is throwing its hat into the MOBA ring.
- Last but not least, Pathfinder Online dropped another big test patch onto its live servers.
Oh, and of course we have a big old dose of games in testing in the list just below. Is there a game that should be on there that you know isn’t there right now? Should one of the games on the list be gone? Let us know in the comments!
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed.
Albion Online: Alpha phases aimed for summer
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean and Japanese open beta
Cabal II: Closed beta (NA); first test ends May 3rd
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Das Tal: Kickstarter, Alpha expected in 2015
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha but still alive
Echo of Soul: Beta
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access begins fall 2015
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: In testing; 2016 anticipated release
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
Heroes of the Storm: Launching June 2
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Oort Online: Donor alpha
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Second closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PlanetSide 2: PS4 beta
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shadowrun Chronicles: Steam early access; launching in April
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
Skyforge: Closed beta #3 ongoing, open beta/launch this summer
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Early access/backer alpha, launching Q4 2015
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha stress testing
Venus Rising: Internal alpha (adult/NSFW)
World of Warships: Closed beta