It’s always nice when a game finally launches after a seeming eternal beta. Assuming it doesn’t, you know, die shortly thereafter. Trove is the latest “hasn’t that already launched” title to go into a full launch, and we wish it well, even if it’s not pulling the launch trigger until July 9th.
What else happened this week? Oh, you know, stuff.
- Overwatch showed off the gameplay of Torbjörn, which forced me to learn a new Unicode input, and Reaper, which did not force me to do anything unusual.
- A new survey asked for player input about the beta testing of Skyforge. The game also showed off the Kinetic, which involves slightly less punching than the character design might indicate.
- Early access sandbox Tree of Life has kept up a steady stream of patches to punish the guilty and improve the game.
- Ready to start playing PlanetSide 2 on your PlayStation 4? The testing kicks off June 23rd.
- Das Tal will open its alpha test to everyone on the last day of its Kickstarter campaign.
- The first beta test for God Slayer Online got recapped, in case you were wondering about where these gods were located (online) and what you could do with them (slay them).
Like we always do it, there’s a whole list of other titles just below. Did something slip into release or functional release without us noticing? Tip us off in the comments!
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed.
Albion Online: Alpha phases aimed for summer
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean and Japanese open beta
Cabal II: Closed beta (NA); first test ends May 3rd
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Das Tal: Kickstarter, Alpha expected in 2015
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha but still alive
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access begins fall 2015
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: In testing; 2016 anticipated release
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Oort Online: Donor alpha
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Second closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PlanetSide 2: PS4 beta
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shadowrun Chronicles: Steam early access; launching in April
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
Skyforge: Closed beta #3 ongoing, open beta/launch this summer
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Early access/backer alpha, launching Q4 2015
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha stress testing
Venus Rising: Internal alpha (adult/NSFW)
World of Warships: Closed beta