Could it be? Is Skyforge going to release soon, or go into an open beta which is indistinguishable from release? It certainly seems like it, as the title is hosting its last closed beta week on June 24th. The time approaches! But, of course, there were other bits of beta news this week besides that.
- Armored Warfare announced its second early access test, which started on June 10th, will run until June 24th. Just in time for our headliner, there…
- Flying Netease MMO Revelation Online is heading into open beta June 19th.
- Non-flying non-Netease MMO Gunslinger Stratos Reloaded is starting its own open beta on August 6th. No confirmation on whether or not its own open beta will feature blackjack or hookers.
- Black Desert is merging all of its test servers into one megaserver in preparation for the game’s launch on July 14th. Local launch? Eventually, sure.
- Crowfall took a peek at keeps, shed light on the Confessor, and answered a bunch of backer questions.
- Despite letting everyone into testing, Das Tal failed its Kickstarter project, but the team has a road map for the future.
- Cabal II will enter its open beta soft launch on July 2nd.
As always, we’ve got more games on the list below. Did a game change status? Did we miss something? Let us know down in the comments, like always.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed.
Albion Online: Alpha phases aimed for summer
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean and Japanese open beta
Cabal II: Closed beta (NA); soft-launches July 2nd
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Das Tal: Kickstarter, alpha expected in 2015
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha but still alive
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access begins fall 2015
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: In testing; 2016 anticipated release
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Oort Online: Donor alpha
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Second closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PlanetSide 2: PS4 beta
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shadowrun Chronicles: Steam early access; launching in April
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
Skyforge: Closed beta #3 ongoing, open beta/launch this summer
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Early access/backer alpha, launching Q4 2015
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Internal alpha (adult/NSFW)
World of Warships: Closed beta