The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. See any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we’ll discover that there is a fishing MMO to end all fishing MMOs, get a free Guild Wars 2 soundtrack, celebrate a 15-year anniversary, and more!
- I’ve had people yelling at me to give Fishing Planet all of the glory and coverage here at Massively Overpowered. That’s a little outside of my jurisdiction, but I can at least point out that, yes, there is a fishing MMO in development, and yes, it boggles the mind. Is it too early to form a MOP angler’s guild?
- The MMORTS Stronghold Kingdoms will be making the jump from PC to iOS devices in the future. The iPhone and iPad version will be a full port of the PC edition, albeit with a streamlined interface.
- There’s a new digital card game that just got funded on Kickstarter called Nova Blitz. According to the description, “games are quick with simultaneous real-time play and combat that rewards intelligence and bluffing.” [Thanks to Dengar for the tip!]
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song, an action-RPG for the PlayStation 4 and Vita, will be releasing in Europe, the Middle-East, Australia, and Africa on November 13th.
- Survarium: Patch 0.30 went live a week ago with a last stand game mode, a new skill tree, a tutorial, and multiple character faces. [Patch notes]
- ArcheAge: The sandbox’s Korean version is moving to Patch 2.5 which will equalize arenas by removing elements of pay-to-win, such as consumables and combat pets. [Patch notes]
- Diablo III: Patch 2.3.0 is on the way and the team put up a preview of the new legendary items and gear sets. [Patch 2.3.0 preview]
- Guild Wars 2 has made its entire living world season 2 soundtrack available as a free download on SoundCloud. Good, stirring stuff!
- Firefly Online — that semi-multiplayer, mostly single player mobile game — showed off some of the interesting planetary environments upon which ships can land.
- MapleStory is doubling both drops and experience this weekend!
- Elite: Dangerous has some concept art of its Horizons expansion up for your perusal.
- Habbo Hotel just turned 15 years old! The virtual hangout claims three million monthly visitors and will be giving away prizes this month to celebrate its birthday.
- Mobile MOBA Vainglory has raised $26 million to become the “world’s first mass-market e-sport.” The game had 1.5 million active players in May.
- There’s a new tool to help you to sort out the hundreds of online games (apart from Massively OP, of course): MMO+. This site acts as a database for MMORPGs to which the community can contribute.
Mobile MMO Celtic Heroes just released its summer update — and here’s the trailer! [Thanks to Samantha for the tip!]
Elsword’s Luciel just got a second class as the fieresome Dreadlord. Check out the class trailer of Luciel pwning mobs in the face with big guns and bigger crits.