Ascent updates its interface amidst a galactic smuggling crisis

Sneaking around, as you will.

Did you vote for Galactic President Prolapser in Ascent? Possibly not, but everyone has to deal with what’s happened as a result of his administration. Said president has instituted sweeping price reforms, making the prices of things like meat much lower and the price of raw materials much higher. Planetary mayors are also now able to ban certain goods from their colonies. The result of all these changes? Smuggling operations, naturally. Why would you think otherwise?

Players also get to take on all of these issues with the help of a new interface, which looks a bit slimmer and more attractive. You can check out some of the changes in the screenshot gallery just below, or just pop into the game in Early Access now.

Source: Fluffy Kitten Studios press release

Inline Feedback
JamesHicks3
JamesHicks3
6 years ago

agemyth I totally get that. It may be when we finally bring in our UI person they can smooth the experience enough for you to continue without it being such a research chore :)

JamesHicks3
JamesHicks3
6 years ago

BKone Pashgan thanks for the sentiments Рwhat about the graphics puts you off? Can you point to a screenshot, part of a video etc?
I ask because we improve the visuals in some way pretty much weekly, and while we get tons of feedback on it from current players, I’m just as interested in feedback from potential players for whom the graphcis aren’t yet good enough.
I don’t think we need to look better than Star Citizen, but we need to blend in enough that the graphics are no longer a turn off for you!

AthieV
AthieV
6 years ago

How many games are there that could possibly have this kind of news? That’s awesome. I feel like I should port my smuggler over from SWTOR so she could, you know, actually smuggle something for once in her life!

GoJammit
GoJammit
6 years ago

Ten years ago I would have been all over this game. And very little looks interesting.

BKone
BKone
6 years ago

Pashgan Well, yeah it reeks of programmer graphics lol… but still it’s impressive from only one dude.

Pashgan
Pashgan
6 years ago

One of the most feature-rich sandbox games on the market – made by a single person. Other games only plan to implement features which are available in the game right away (like jump gates built by players). Could be nice to see decent 3D modeler joining him (her?).

agemyth
agemyth
6 years ago

I hit the same point in Ascent as I did EVE. Got myself somewhat established and explored some of the systems, but there is always a point where my decision paralysis becomes stronger than my will to research what my obstacles for moving forward are and how to even prepare to get around them.