Who loves Albion Online? The game is clearly doing something right enough to celebrate 60,000 founders backing the game in its current beta test; that’s no small number. Maybe it’s the fact that the developers are already rolling out holiday events despite the beta testing, thus allowing people who just can’t stop testing this game a chance to get in on the usual gaming-based festivities despite the fact that launch is not yet here.
I guess we really ought to discuss more beta news, yes? Why not?
- There’s some beta grinding events going down in Cosmic League. Grind that beta into a fine paste! (That may not be what it means.)
- Soul Worker Online has targeted open testing for Japanese players (or those willing to work around an IP block) for December 18th. I originally figured this one was about working souls into various objects, but it appears to be more about slashing through cel-shaded demons. Life is funny.
- If you were able to get one of the Founder Pack codes from us the other day or just bought one, Blade & Soul‘s penultimate beta test is running this weekend.
- Devilian has left the shores of beta behind with its formal launch.
- SkySaga is celebrating a full year of alpha testing, which is… wow, was that really last year? How is it not still March? This year went by too quickly.
Wow. After that last one, I’m too depressed to go on. Tell you what – check out our full list of games down below, let us know if something jumped testing phases without us noticing. A whole year! What the heck was 2015 even about.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions.
Albion Online: Closed beta
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean and Japanese open beta, North American alpha testing, release in early 2016
Blade & Soul: Closed beta
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Chronicles: Runescape Legends: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Das Tal: Alpha expected in 2015
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha testing; no recent updates on development
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: First wave of closed alpha
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Early access
Overwatch: Closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shadowrun Chronicles: Steam early access; launching in April
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Early access/backer alpha, originally launching Q4 2015 but possibly delayed
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tree of Savior: English beta testing events
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Closed beta (adult/NSFW)