The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week GTA Online players got to play a new ammo-limited mode, two Lineage games were announced for mobile, Eternal Crusade streamers made fun of their own mistakes, Hearthstone talked about basic cards, and more!
New Games and Testing
- Lineage: Two Lineage titles have been officially announced for portable gaming: Lineage on Mobile and Lineage Red Knights. Both should be released in South Korea next year. Check out the trailers below!
- Black Desert: Some new Korean artwork for the game is hinting at a change in model for one of the Tamer’s awakening weapons.
- Imperial Realm: Miranda: This indie game’s sole developer has promised that the pre-alpha release 4 patch will be out by New Year’s. Count on it!
- Das Tal: The isometric sandbox put out an interview with its music composer Filippo and promised to hand out 100 permanent tester keys to lucky winners.
- GTA Online: A new game mode, Every Bullet Counts, gives all participants two bullets and one life each — and then sends them at each other. First person to three kills (melee attacks are also included) wins.
- Gloria Victis: Get your PvP on with a new tournament that’s come in Gloria Victis’ most recent patch. The Valley of Death kicks off a new tournament every hour on the hour.
- Counter-Strike: Grab yourself the new R8 revolver and enjoy a killer replay feature in the shooter’s winter update.
- Izanagi Online: This mobile MMO has updated both its iOS and Android versions to include pets, new skills, and eight secondary classes. [Source: press release]
Events and Contests
- Toram Online: The Japanese mobile MMO is challenging players to kill as many bosses as they can in the game’s guild-only dungeon by December 21st. Prizes will ensue for the winners! [Source: press release]
Odds and Ends
- Lineage 2: The EU classic server launch has been delayed slightly because it just isn’t ready. The new early access start is coming on December 22nd and the official release on December 29th.
- Gameforge: The company has established a new North American games division that will focus on publishing games in the west. First up? HEX. [Source: press release]
- Elder Scrolls Online: One player has put together a very helpful guide to crafted gear and the traits needed to use it.
- Dark Age of Camelot: Curious what RvR looks like? Check out this series of 12 screenshots taken over a weekend to see the thick of the action!
- Skyforge: Skyforge took a closer look at its Archer class this past week and doled out some history of Okka Island.
- Dragon Nest: This cute MMO will be officially releasing in Vietnam in the first quarter of 2016! Check out its website in the meanwhile (if, y’know, you speak Vietnamese). [Source: press release]
- Star Wars Battlefront: EA is somewhat apologizing for making the game too accessible and not hardcore enough (or something). We have five ideas for fixing it if EA is so inclined to listen.
Aeria Games’ anime MMO Grand Fantasia put out a patch this past week that included the Mechanic class, three new maps, a new dungeon, and the class ultimate system. Check out the highlights in this video:
Here is the official announcement trailer for Lineage on Mobile…
…and here’s the cuter trailer for Lineage Red Knights:
Armored Warfare’s new Main Challenger Battle Tank looks like it’s quite the fearsome beast!
Everyone messes up, especially on camera. The Eternal Crusade folks compiled their oopsies from streams and put together this funny blooper reel:
Did you hear about that Hearthstone gamer who played the game using only voice commands? I am always in awe of such level of geekery. When you’re done processing that, check out this dev video talking about basic cards: