If you’re really in love with the current PvP experience in World of Warcraft… oh, whom am I kidding? Pretty much no one is happy with it. If you are happy with it, though, you might be less happy to know that the whole thing is being smashed to bits with the next expansion. And when will you get to test that out yourself? Not over the holidays, that’s for sure! You’ll need to find other things to occupy your time, such as perhaps some other beta testing stuff.
There is other beta testing stuff, of course. There always is.
- The Alpha 2.0 for Star Citizen is out now! There’s also a new trailer on procedurally generated planets for players and non-players alike to watch.
- Testing for Crowfall is also taking a bit of a break, but the good news is that you can expect to be hitting it with siege warfare once February rolls around next year.
- Black Desert Online‘s first beta test fired up on Wednesday and is running through Tuesday, December 22nd.
- Want to siege some titans? Because Titan Siege has started testing. It is assumed that titans will be sieged. Maybe titans will be the means of siege. There’s some manner of siege with titan involvement.
- Good news, fans of Valiance Online: the game is still being developed! A rather long silence has been broken with some new screenshots. Hooray!
- Last but not least, fans of Overwatch can look forward to new progression systems once that game gets back from its holiday break, unlike the previous progression systems that didn’t work.
And of course, there’s that whole list down below. Missed something? Why not let us know in the comments?
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions.
Albion Online: Closed beta
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean and Japanese open beta, North American closed beta, release in early 2016
Blade & Soul: Closed beta
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Chronicles: Runescape Legends: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Das Tal: Alpha expected in 2015
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha testing; no recent updates on development
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: First wave of closed alpha
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Early access
Overwatch: Closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shadowrun Chronicles: Steam early access; launching in April
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Early access/backer alpha, originally launching Q4 2015 but possibly delayed
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tree of Savior: English beta testing events
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Closed beta (adult/NSFW)