Are you impatiently waiting to explore the blackest and most brutal of all conceivable deserts? Because Black Desert‘s launch date is closer than you might think. The game is launching on March 3rd, meaning that you’ll be able to play to your heart’s content with the launch version. You can also reserve your name shortly if you’ve pre-ordered.
This week’s been pretty busy for launches, beta announcements, and other such antics.
- If you’ve been enjoying H1Z1, you’ll soon be able to enjoy twice as much of it, as the game is splitting into two separate but equally important games. Like a Law & Order spinoff, but with zombies. There’s also a new sort of crate being added to the game’s cash shop.
- Take heart that Bless Online is heading over here! Eventually. Probably. It’s got stuff to do first, don’t hassle the developers.
- The Repopulation is splitting, too… sort of. The game is converting to the Unreal engine and launching a survival spinoff, since this is going to be quite the expensive venture for the developers.
- Changes coming to Asta‘s upcoming open beta have been detailed for those eagerly anticipating the game’s next stage of testing. Of course, the test isn’t exactly closed now, but you know… details.
- The final grand tour quest in Shroud of the Avatar is now in place, and plans have been made for the final character wipe for the game. It’s a lot like launch, even though it isn’t quite launch.
That’s a lot of titles with big moves this week. Still, there’s always more stuff in testing than can be highlighted in one intro, and we have placed all of that down below in our usual list. Let us know if something swapped phases without us noticing; it’s funny, but it happens just the same.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions.
Albion Online: Closed beta
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean and Japanese open beta, North American closed beta, launch March 3rd
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Chronicles: Runescape Legends: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Das Tal: Alpha expected in April
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access play on Steam
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access, splitting into two halves
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Early access
Overwatch: Closed beta
Paragon: Closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Alpha offline, currently on development hiatus due to Hero Engine issues
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tree of Savior: English beta testing events
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Closed beta (adult/NSFW), currently on development hiatus due to Hero Engine issues