The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This past week we celebrated the end of Chronicle: RuneScape Legends’ closed beta test, took a closer look at the Warcraft movie, celebrated Valentine’s Day in oh-so-many titles, and more!
New Games and Testing
- Chronicle: RuneScape Legends: Closed beta for this card game spin-off has concluded and fans are settling into a long wait until the open beta kicks off on March 16th.
- Wild Terra: A small update brings the ability to build gallows, better graphics for stone walls, and the end of Christmas drops and buildings.
- Albion Online: The team put together a post that discusses a healing build using a great nature staff. Big tree, lots of heals. Got it.
- MapleStory 2: If you’re jazzed (sorry) for the player music system in this game, then get excited about the arrival of drums, harps, and flutes!
- Gigantic: The NDA for Gigantic is no more, so if you’re testing, get to talking about it!
- Order & Chaos 2: This mobile MMO has released its giant spring festival update, which includes the titular event, companions, new cards, better guild features, Valentine’s Day activities, and more.
- Forsaken World Mobile: Likewise, this mobile game is preparing a hefty spring update of its own with epic dungeons and 3v3 arena battles.
- Wakfu Raiders: Lunar New Year (February 8th through the 10th) and Valentine’s Day (February 12th through the 14th) will give players a little extra to do this month. [Source: press release]
- Wizard101: The Friendship Festival Celebration is going on through the 18th. Want to be best friends? Sure you do!
- Firefall: The Lunar New Year is also live in this game until the 15th. [Thanks to I-Spy for the tip!]
Odds and Ends
- Destiny: In its weekly newsletter, the team talked about incoming features, such as special ammo, freelancer playlists, and improvements to Trials of Osiris.
- Pirate101: Learn more about the unicorn resistance leader, Captain Steed!
- Skyforge: Just because a game has a sci-fi setting doesn’t mean that it can’t import fantasy class tropes, such as this game’s Knight! You’ll also want to read up on the new legendary ancient rings that have made their way into this MMO.
When you can’t wait for the Warcraft movie to release, every little scrap of footage is a lifeline! Check out this look at one of the film’s characters: Blackhand, the war chief of the Horde.
There’s yet another MapleStory spin-off in the works: Project MNP. Not a lot about this mobile game is known, but from the looks of the trailer it might be some sort of tower defense/card game hybrid.
The Escape From Tarkov crew assembled for its first dev video, this one concerning animations in the game: