The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This past week Anarchy Online got one of its first new zones in years, RF Online moved to a new host, DDO announced its 2016 player council, we met the leader of Elder Scrolls Online’s thieves guild, and more!
New Games and Testing
- HEX: There’s a new interview out with Cryptozoic co-founder Cory Jones in which he talks about the HEX’s new genre and why the company has moved into the esports arena.
- Das Tal: The sandbox MMO is currently hiring for several positions. The team is only promising a small fee as compensation and said that these jobs might appeal to those who need a job on the side.
- Chronicles of Elyria: What is this game trying to tease with this picture of carnivorous Canis Rabbits?
- Anarchy Online: A brand-new daily zone, The Reck, is now open for business on Rubi-Ka. This giant peninsula has plenty of activities and camps to keep players levels 90 through 170 occupied. Here are some patch notes for you to devour. [Thanks to ZenDadaist for the tip!]
- Ultima Online: TC1 is out with various adjustments to housing, vendor searching, combat balance, and bug fixing.
Odds and Ends
- Elder Scrolls Online: Meet Zeira, the leader of the Thieves Guild in Hew’s Bane. She’s quite crafty and will appear in the game’s upcoming DLC.
- RF Online: The sci-fi title is moving its operations from GamesCampus to RedFox. Players will need to transfer characters by the 23rd, although guild names and guild items won’t be able to make the move.
- Star Trek Online: A player created a rather spectacular in-universe e-zine for STO’s cruisers that’s worth a read! [Thanks to The Grand Nagus for the tip!]
- Hi-Rez Studios: Hi-Rez has opened up a new branch in Brighton, UK “to expand its reach and better serve its rapidly growing European player base.” Allegedly this is in response to strong growth of the studio’s EU community over the past year. [Source: press release]
- EVE Online: The devs are chatting up the game’s Citadel expansion with blogs on structure fitting and reworking capital ships. The team also released a new logging tool to the community.
- Dungeons and Dragons Online: Turbine released the (account) names of its 2016 player council to the public.
- Skyforge: Next up for a turn in the class spotlight is the Monk, Skyforge’s tranquil warrior. “Monks are trained in the ways of the elemental infused combat, utilizing various stances and their extending staff to pull off a large array of nimble movements.”
- Lusternia: Guilds in this MUD need to steel themselves — a major overhaul to the guild system is coming at some point in the future and it will require a full wipe to implement the new system. [Thanks to Xanward for the tip!]
- World of Warships: Players who get a first win will enjoy a x3 XP bonus as a reward. The game also released dev diaries on team battles and the Kamikaze R premium ship. [Thanks to ThatLanteshGuy for the tip!]