Good news, Tree of Savior fans – the game is slated to hit the international stage soon. How soon? That’s still up in the air. But it does mean that the game is going to be coming over here after what seems like endless waffling and a long period of back-and-forth. Good news if you are super interested in the trees which saved people from… rivers, or something. (I am not actually clear on the game’s premise.)
It’s been a quieter week than the past few for betas, but still, there have been developments:
- Black Desert is done with its beta, with headstart pre-loading becoming available tomorrow for eligible players. If you haven’t already purchased a headstart package, though, you’ve missed your chance. Please turn to the comment section if it becomes necessary to wail or gnash your teeth.
- The latest test build for SkySaga is available, and it allows you to take selfies. Which is really what 80% of all game screenshots were already, so it’s just making it official.
- An alpha playtest for Das Tal is slated for the spring, and it’s going to be massive. How massive? Very massive. So at least three people, maybe four.
- Want to support The Repopulation? The game is looking for some testers for its survival spinoff Fragmented, and testing it will help the studio refine any and all issues with said spinoff, which in turn will make the game better and allow the developers to make more money. Everybody wins!
- Last but not least, if you’re eagerly anticipating Camelot Unchained and everything it promises, you should know that City State Entertainment is currently in a hard crunch mode to get the first beta out to backers.
If none of that tickles your fancy, that’s all right, as we still have our full list of beta titles just below. Let us know if something has carefully snuck beneath our radar in the comments!
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions.
Albion Online: Closed beta
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean and Japanese open beta, North American closed beta, launch March 3rd
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Chronicles: Runescape Legends: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Das Tal: Alpha expected in April
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access play on Steam
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games, launch expected in March
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Early access
Overwatch: Closed beta
Paragon: Closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Alpha offline, moving to the Unreal engine, survival spinoff planned
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tree of Savior: English beta testing events
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Closed beta (adult/NSFW), currently on development hiatus due to Hero Engine issues