Yes, we’ve all had fun with today’s joke, but you can probably 100% believe the fact that Otherland is back on Steam after a two-month absence. That two-month absence in and of itself is kind of unbelievable, but the fact that it came back is downright plausible. The game has also received a patch after its return, which is a bit more unbelievable, but all the same I hesitate to say that you would not believe it, dear readers. You clearly have a keen eye and a knowledge of what is and is not believable.
Other beta news did indeed happen, which you can probably believe:
- We bit farewell to EVE: Valkyrie now that it has launched alongside the headset it was made to be played upon. That’s not poetic or praise for the headset, it was literally made to be played on Oculus hardware.
- Tree of Savior has begun its early access period, which means that you can access it. Earlier than other people, even!
- The next public build of Saga of Lucimia is coming at some point in April. We can also conclusively say it’s probably not happening today, because it would have already happened. It’s probably not happening April 31st, either.
- As Camelot Unchained speeds toward beta, people got a peek at several of the game’s mechanics for lighting, clutter, and armor. We then had a chance to talk with Mark Jacobs himself not once, not twice, but… wait, no, it actually was twice. It was fun both times, though.
- Have you been waiting for the chance to get good and hammered as a Monk tank while testing World of Warcraft‘s next expansion? Because that spec has finally been added, allowing you to drink and tank to your heart’s content. Other things were probably added as well, but we’ll get to those when we sober up.
Do we have anything more for you? Well, yes, we do; it’s a whole list of things in testing just below. Perhaps you’d like to check those things out down below? And perhaps you’d like to let us know if something slipped into launch without us noticing? And perhaps you’d like to bring us a ham sandwich? Seriously, we like ham sandwiches. No mayo.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions.
Albion Online: Closed beta
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Asta: Open beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha, development in crunch for beta
Chronicles: Runescape Legends: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Das Tal: Alpha expected in April
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access play on Steam
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games, launch expected in March
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active, launching in spring
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Early access
Overwatch: Closed beta, launching May 24th
Paragon: Closed beta, early access starts March 18th
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Alpha offline, moving to the Unreal engine, survival spinoff planned
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tree of Savior: Early access
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Closed beta (adult/NSFW), currently on development hiatus due to Hero Engine issues