It’s April 19th, which means it’s early access launch day for The Black Death survival sandbox, the only kind of multiplayer game being made anymore. Green Man Loaded wants you to know that this game is dark, so it said so three times in the press release!
First introduced back in January, the game is set during one of the worst pandemics in history, which is a bit of a departure from zombie apocalypses and dinosaur pantropics. Players will strive to survive in the combat, crafting, farming, or trading roles of their choice, all while working to not become infected themselves — because permadeath is very much a factor in gameplay.
The game is currently live and buyable on Steam at its sale price of $17.99 US.
London, UK, 19th April 2016 – The publishing arm of Green Man Gaming and developers Small Impact Games and Syrin Studios are pleased to announce that their dark multiplayer survival title, The Black Death, comes to Early Access today.
Medieval Europe is an unforgiving place. Experience a bustling medieval land under the threat of a devastating plague. Survival is becoming increasingly unlikely, but day to day life must continue. With a variety of professions to choose from, each with their own unique play styles and approaches to survival. How long can you survive before you succumb?
The Black Death is a dark multiplayer survival game that allows you to choose your own path in ravaged, medieval land. Complete with a diverse population of villagers, wildlife, and infected victims, The Black Death allows you experience a world like no other.
KEY FEATURES IN THE EARLY ACCESS RELEASE:
- Survive. It’s not just the plague you need to watch out for. Hunt, harvest or steal supplies to avoid meeting your end in a harsh medieval world.
- Live. Pick from range of professions to suit your play style. Fight as a member of the Militia or farm as a Peasant? Make your choice.
- Fight. Choose your battles wisely. Time your swings and parries wisely to strike your foes with a unique combat system.
- Explore. Inspired by the landscape of Western Europe, Plague features a 8km2 world with a day / night cycle, animals and a range of characters to interact with.
- Buy. Everything has a price. Weapons, armor, houses and more are all able to be purchased throughout the land. How you earn your coin is up to you…
GENRE: Dark Role-Playing Survival
DEVELOPER: Small Impact Games / Syrin Studios
PUBLISHER: Green Man Gaming
RELEASE: Tuesday 19th April 2016