If you’re so eager to get into Paragon that you cannot wait another moment, you can buy in with the game’s new Essentials Edition to get immediate access to the title. But you should know that the game you get in to play is going to be changing rather significantly before it hits open testing on August 16th. So caveat emptor, as always.
We also are saying a final farewell to Landmark, as it launched today. What its future holds is not for us to say in this column, because this is about beta tests.
The beta sphere has been generally quiet this week as everyone gears up for E3 next week, but we’ve still got some highlights:
- A new ability system is in place in Camelot Unchained, and it’s a big upgrade from the tech side. Sure, you might not see that from the player side, but you’ll reap the benefits when the programmers don’t hate adding new stuff to the game.
- Gloria Victis is available in early access on Steam. It joins the ranks of… well, lots of other early access Steam titles. But those other titles are not Gloria Victis. We’re glad that’s clear now.
- Hark! Revelation Online is heading west and taking beta signups, although no actual dates have been announced yet. It’s also boasting about having six classes that are not locked to gender, which seems… kind of like the default, right? That’s not really something to brag about.
- Open testing for Riders of Icarus is kicking off open testing on July 6th, allowing everyone to get a free ride on Icarus. That’s what the title means, right? Icarus is going to have a sore back in the morning.
- The first testing for NCsoft’s cross-franchise partially PvE MOBA Master x Master will begin on June 21st, which is great news for anyone who wants a MOBA without quite so much MOBA.
- Star Citizen‘s 2.4 update is live for players to test out, with the current iteration adding that much more persistence to its persistent universe. Persist in testing!
The list below is also still full of betas, as it only lost one title off of it; lots of games are still in testing. As always, let us know if something slipped in an open testing cash shop or the like without us catching it.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta starting in June
Albion Online: Closed beta
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Chronicles: Runescape Legends: Closed beta, launches on Steam May 26th
Crossout: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Das Tal: Ongoing alpha tests, summer alpha in July
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access play on Steam
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Fragmented: Closed backer beta
Gigantic: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early Access on Steam
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games
HeroWarz: Closed beta
HEX: Unofficial open beta
LawBreakers: Closed alpha
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Master x Master: Alpha test starts June 21st
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Origins of Malu: Development suspended
Otherland: Early access
Paladins: Closed beta
Paragon: Early access; Open beta August 16th
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Riders of Icarus: Open beta starts July 6th
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Repopulation: Alpha offline, moving to the Unreal engine, survival spinoff Fragmented in early access
Tree of Life: Open beta
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
World of Warcraft: Legion: Closed beta, launching August 30th