The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week, EverQuest is in the throes of a “Hardcore Heritage” event, featuring much more difficult versions of Clan Crushbone and Permafrost Caverns for high-level players. “Classic zones, tougher challenges, better loot,” Daybreak explains, just in case you were wondering why adventurers were loaning their corpses to this crusade.
We’ve got plenty of other news tidbits for you after the jump, including patches, MMOs in testing, videos, and more!
New Games and Testing
- Paladins: All hail the Bomb King! Who is he? We’re not really sure, but you can check out a very short teaser snippet of his royal majesty on Twitter.
- Bless: This fantasy import has lined up Russian publisher 101XP to handle the game in that region. There’s even a Russian version of the official website up!
- Dofus: Dofus Touch, a mobile version of the MMO, has soft launched on both iOS and Android devices.
- Wild Terra: Good news for fans of the game (and the dev team too, we suppose): Wild Terra has been officially greenlit by Steam.
- Path of Exile: Patch 2.3.0E has made players’ lives better with faster town loading, eight new prophecies, and numerous bug fixes.
- Grim Dawn: This ARPG has finally released its Hidden Path content update with new bosses, dungeons, and items.
- Armored Warfare: Vehicle commanders are going to really like Update 0.16 when it gets here, thanks to improved game performance and a beefed-up loot system. [Thanks ThatLanteshGuy!]
Odds and Ends
- Overwatch: The new multiplayer shooter has picked up one famous name. League of Legends player Forg1ven has stepped down from his role on a professional team due to his rabid interest in Overwatch.
- Echo of Soul: This MMO is switching Korean publishers to Nzin Corporation later this year. Nzin also operates Black Desert Online in the country.
- Diablo III: Blizzard veteran designer Jay Wilson has left the studio after a 10-year stay. His new career move? Writing. [Thanks Paragonlost!]
- Final Fantasy XIV: Nexon is collaborating with Square Enix in Korea to offer a way for that country’s players to play the game without creating a new account. So… how weird is this?
The Saga of Lucimia dev team posted its fourth episode of its three pillars design (don’t ask!), this time concentrating on its “play nice policy.”
Yes, there’s totally a Warcraft movie prequel graphic novel, and you were foolish to think that there wasn’t. The question is, why haven’t you read it yet?
Granado Espada is prepping a two-episode Symphonia update for July with lots more story, characters, and quests. Get a jump on the content with the following trailer:
If you’re going to take out tanks with some serious hardware, why not look to missiles to do the job? Player-guided missiles are the crown jewel of War Thunder’s newest update. Check out the damage these bad boys can do: