If you’ve been waiting for something a bit more scroll-happy before jumping on the virtual card game train, you’ll be happy to know that Elder Scrolls Legends has passed from the forbidding desert of closed beta into the verdant fields of open beta. Seriously, you can jump in and start playing the game right now if you’d like. It’s the newest card game for people who would rather play a card game without quite so many actual cards.
Other beta news? No, there’s none. By which we of course mean “yes, there’s quite a bit.”
- The beta testing schedule for Lost Ark is available, as well as a rundown of the available beta contents. Still no word on its localization, but a successful launch is the first step toward localization. You can also check out information on the game’s various classes if you’re enthusiastic.
- The final beta phase for Albion Online has begun, meaning that there will be no more betas for the game after this point. After this, it’s all hands on deck, straight on to launch. And then, perhaps, pony rides for the staff.
- Edengrad is getting ready for its first round of alpha testing, giving players a chance to roam around in the post-apocalyptic landscape early in development.
- The technical alpha testing specifications and available content are available for Escape from Tarkov fans. Fair warning, you will have to escape again if you escape during the technical alpha. Other fair warning, that may not actually be the goal of the game.
- If you’ve missed the experience of playing Darkfall, you can jump in on Darkfall: Rise of Agon‘s closed beta right now. Literally right this second, even. You might even be inspired to shell out for a founder’s pack, and then perhaps pony rides will ensue for the staff once again.
- Development continues fast and furious with Gloria Victis and a trio of pre-alpha patches, ensuring that improvements continue to land on the test servers at a rapid pace.
And, naturally, there’s that full list down below. See something that switched modes unexpectedly and has a full cash shop running? Argue that something counts as launch? Just like posting about betas with no NDA in place? All of that is welcome down in the comments.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Closed beta, open beta planned soon
Albion Online: Closed beta, final test starts August 1st
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Crossout: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Das Tal: Ongoing alpha tests, summer alpha currently active
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access play on Steam
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Fragmented: Closed backer beta
Gigantic: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early Access on Steam
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games
HeroWarz: Closed beta
HEX: Unofficial open beta
LawBreakers: Closed alpha
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Master x Master: Alpha test
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Origins of Malu: Development suspended
Otherland: Early access
Paladins: Closed beta
Paragon: Early access; Open beta August 16th
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, final server wipe has occurred
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Repopulation: Alpha offline, moving to the Unreal engine, survival spinoff Fragmented in early access
Tree of Life: Open beta
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Twin Saga: Closed beta, launching in August
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
World of Warcraft: Legion: Closed beta, launching August 30th