This week in MMO crowdfunding news,
announced that it’s revving up for its Steam early access launch. Wipes (and nerfs) will continue as testing does throughout the early access. The blog post is a Project Gorgon long piece about the future of the game — worth the read!
got a massive investment (well over a million bucks) from a venture capital firm; sci-fi sandbox Worlds Adrift told us it’s busy preparing its Kickstarter; Dual Universe ticks down to the last days of its crowdfunding campaign; 3001SQ continues its rollout of housing claims; and one of Shroud of the Avatar leads was allegedly driven off social media thanks to harassment. Star Citizen’s
Read on for more on what’s up with MMO crowdfunding this week and the roundup of all the crowdfunded MMOs we’ve got our eye on!
3001SQ’s Kickstarter pitch
Recent MMO crowdfunding news
- Starved for news concerning indie MMO Project Gorgon? Then prepare to gorge yourself silly on a new developer diary that stuffs so much info into your brain that you'll be…
Project Gorgon aims for Steam early access ‘soon’
- Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen says it's reorienting its newsletter to be more community focused and has put its money where its mouth is with a community-themed dev diary. Visionary…
Visionary Realms: Pantheon is a ‘brave new world,’ not a ‘wormhole back to simpler times’
- It has been a long, long time since MassivelyOP's MJ dived into Shroud of the Avatar. Part of the reason was she wanted to go ahead and wait until the…
The Stream Team: Stepping into Shroud of the Avatar
- Despite the common belief that Crowfall will be nothing but players throwing their meatsack bodies at each other in mortal combat, the team is working on adding PvE monsters into…
Crowfall opens the doors to its bestiary
- One should never forget that the struggle between players is at the core of Albion Online. To keep that foremost in thoughts, the studio has released its new website Killboard…
Albion Online displays PvP killboard for all to see
- This week's episode of Star Citizen's Around the Verse kicks off with a check-in from the Austin team, specifically PR, animation, and QA. The star of the show is the…
Star Citizen’s Around the Verse on the lives of dynamic NPCs
- Shroud of the Avatar has not been hacked, but you should tighten your security anyway. Portalarium writes tonight that perpetrators of the Dota 2 forum hack made known yesterday are…
Shroud of the Avatar urges password changes after Dota 2 forum hack
- Cloud Imperium VP of Marketing Sandi Gardiner, best known to gamers for her role as one of Star Citizen's most recognizable faces thanks to her stewardship of the long-running Around the…
Star Citizen’s Sandi Gardiner vacates social media over harassment
- Creature taming and summoning is about to get adjusted in Shroud of the Avatar come Release 33 later this month. A quick forum thread identified a few changes that are…
Shroud of the Avatar plans creature taming changes
- The latest patch for Wild Terra is live, and it brings along with it a Russian server for players to explore. The bad news is that progress on characters is…
Wild Terra adds a new Russian-specific server
- What happens when you die? As long as you're limiting this question to Crowfall, ArtCraft said that players have a choice over their afterlife destiny. Deceased characters can resurrect at the…
Life after death in Crowfall
- You would think that if one were ever able to get Luke Skywalker, Gimli, and that Wing Commander guy into the same room together, pop culture would simply throw down…
Mark Hamill and John Rhys-Davis talk about shooting Squadron 42
- Worlds Adrift is laying on the ground amid a carpet of cash and making money angels today as Bossa Studios has received an injection of $1.35 million to make the…
Worlds Adrift gets a huge injection of funding
- Settle in, boys and girls, for one of the longest development updates to date from Chronicles of Elyria. One of the big discussions this week is a decision to lengthen…
Chronicles of Elyria figures out a unique approach to parenting
- Fragmented's latest patch is a big one for player crafters as it adds batch crafting to the crafting stations in the game. The better the crafting station, the faster the…
Fragmented’s latest live build should make crafters happy
- Behaviour Interactive has a new Eternal Crusade Q&A up with a question that addresses the MMO component of the game and how it relates to its promised 120 unique points of…
Eternal Crusade promises news on its MMO mechanics
- Dual Universe is still eyeing a Kickstarter campaign later this year, but right now the team is priming the pump of fandom, so to speak, with convention appearances and new…
Dual Universe drums up interest for its coming Kickstarter Campaigns and crowdfunded MMOs we’re watching
(Société des Mondes Virtuels) – 3001SQ Kickstarter ends August 18.
(Artix Entertainment) – Raised 368k; plans October launch. AdventureQuest 3D
( Ascent: The Space Game Fluffy Kitten Studios) – Fully launched! (
Camelot Unchained City State) – Open donations/packages.
Caribbean Conquest (Invenio) – Kickstarter canceled (site has been taken offline).
( Contested Space Zon)
( Crowfall ArtCraft) – Open donations/packages
(Soulbound) – Chronicles of Elyria Kickstarter successful.
( Citadel of Sorcery MMO Magic, Inc.) – Open donations.
( City of Titans Missing Worlds Media)
( Descent Underground Descendent Studios)
Divergence Online ( Stained Glass Llama ) – Three campaigns; now in KS early access. (
Dogma: Eternal Night Prelude Games Factory): Kickstarter over, donor preorder packs.
( Dragon of Legends Thrive Games) – Successful Kickstarter.
( Eco Strange Loop Games)
(Huckleberry Games) – Edengrad Kickstarter funded June 2016; early access coming Sept.
( Elite: Dangerous Frontier Developments) – Funded and launched.
(Eleon) – Empyrionn Online Kickstarter canceled; launched on Steam early access.
( Epic Space EpicSpace.net)
( Ever, Jane 3 Turn Productions)
( Gloria Victis Black Eye Games) – Open donations, no end date.
( Greed Monger Greed Monger) – Abandoned, multiple times now.
(Crate Entertainment) – Funded and launched. Grim Dawn
( Guns of Icarus Muse) – Funded and launched.
( Hero’s Song Pixelmage Games): Kickstarter canceled; game launches in October.
Infinity: Battlescape ( I-Novae Studios )
( HEX HEX Entertainment)
( Life is Feudal Bitbox): Indiegogo ended.
( LUX Chimera) – Kickstarter canceled.
(Archetype Studios) – Midair Kickstarter successful.
( Neo’s Land NeoJac Entertainment) – Open donations, no end date.
( Novus AEterno Taitale Studios)
(Hydrant Games) – Overpower Kickstarter unfunded; heading to early access.
( Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Visionary Realms) – Open donations, no end date.
( Pathfinder Online GoblinWorks)
(Craneballs) – Successful Planet Nomads Kickstarter.
( Pixel Starships SavySoda)
( Project Gorgon Elder Game, LLC)
( Pumpkin Online Monique)
(Stephen Nichols) – Ongoing The Realm: Reawakened GoFundMe.
( The Repopulation Above & Beyond Technologies) – In middle of engine do-over.
(Darewise) – ROKH Kickstarter canceled; early access planned for Sept. 2016.
( The Stomping Land Alex Fundora) – Abandoned.
( Sacrament Ferocity Unbound) – Kickstarter failed; Patreon ongoing.
( Shadow’s Kiss Clockwork Throne) – Ongoing Patreon.
( Shards Online Citadel Studios)
( Shroud of the Avatar Portalarium) – Final wipe was in July 2016.
( Star Citizen Cloud Imperium) – Ongoing donations/packages.
( TUG Nerd Kingdom) – In middle of year-long revamp after funding surge.
(NeuronHaze) – Vigor Roads Kickstarter unsuccessful; early access planned for 2017. Dual Universe tech demo