Back in July, Blizzard Watch ran a piece wondering whether Diablo III has been abandoned. Matthew Rossi suggested that Diablo’s recent seasons have been lackluster, and the game has no direct way to generate revenue outside of that box fee (thanks to the removal of the Real Money Auction House forever ago). Add to that the game’s minimization at BlizzCon last year, the employee turnover, and infrequent mentions in Blizzard’s quarterly financials? People start to worry. As a Diablo fan myself, I start to worry!
So let’s take it to the polls. What’s up with and next for the Diablo franchise? (This one’s a multiple choice poll!)
What's going on with the Diablo franchise?
- Blizzard is working on Diablo 4, which'll be another ARPG, probably with smart monetization. (33%, 321 Votes)
- Blizzard is working on taking Diablo into the MOBA space. (2%, 16 Votes)
- Blizzard is working on taking Diablo into the mobile space. (5%, 52 Votes)
- Blizzard is working on taking Diablo into the MMORPG space. (16%, 158 Votes)
- Blizzard is working on taking Diablo into some other genre altogether. (2%, 23 Votes)
- Blizzard is just milking Diablo III. (15%, 151 Votes)
- Blizzard isn't really working on the next Diablo and the unannounced project thing isn't true. (16%, 155 Votes)
- Demon butts / angel butts / no answer / something else. (11%, 111 Votes)
Total Voters: 938