This week in MMO crowdfunding news,
received a big quality-of-life patch this weekend. Of note, the game now offers synchronized dancing! “If three or more players dance to music, they will be prompted to perform a particular dance ‘move’,” writes ElderGame. “If at least three dancers perform the specified move, all spectators receive a choreography boost. […] A massive troupe of 12 (or more) dancers performing reasonably well together can give spectators a Dance Appreciation buff.” You can also expect adjustments to work orders, mob aggro, and GUI scaling, among several dozen new changes. Project Gorgon
Want more dancing? Social MMORPG sandbox
launched its open beta this week. The Jane Austen-themed game was originally Ever, Jane Kickstarted to the tune of over $100,000.
broke the $120,000,000 barrier in its ongoing crowdfunding; the game’s Star Citizen 2.5 alpha went live this week.
received a big patch to its Crucible DLC content, Grim Dawn patched in terraforming, and Ascent dinged up to $10,000,000 in crowdfunding. Shroud of the Avatar
Read on for more on what’s up with MMO crowdfunding this week and the roundup of all the crowdfunded MMOs we’ve got our eye on!
Star Citizen alpha 2.5
VIDEO Recent MMO crowdfunding news
- Star Citizen's alpha 2.5 has officially released to live. "Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 includes significant changes to Star Citizen’s Crusader persistent universe environment," declares Cloud Imperium. "This patch, now available in…
Star Citizen 2.5 alpha is live with GrimHex base, new concept ship
- Divergence Online posted a big update yesterday bringing land and air vehicles to testers along with a brand-new biome called Anduine, an area ripe for big game hunting. "Anduine: a…
Divergence Online introduces Operator profession, land and air vehicles
- With the next Worlds Adrift alpha event coming up (be sure to sign up by Monday!), players may be wondering what they can expect once in the game. Wonder no…
Worlds Adrift player chronicles alpha life
- Do you consider "play a swashbuckling guinea pig" to be one of your most cherished video game goals? Your absurdly specific dream is coming true in Crowfall with the Duelist,…
Crowfall introduces the Duelist and the Guinecean race
- 3 Turn Productions announced this afternoon that Ever, Jane is officially in open beta. Yes, this is the roleplayer-centric, Jane Austen-themed MMORPG, complete with housing, storylines, carriages, and dancing. "Ever,…
Roleplay-centric MMORPG Ever, Jane waltzes into open beta
- How much will it take to earn one of those fancy Star Citizen ships in-game at which some fans seem to be throwing hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars? How will PvP…
Star Citizen interview covers ship costs, PvP model, and new systems
- Even with the persistent world launched, Shroud of the Avatar is currently "in a constant state of change," according to the team. Some of this change comes courtesy of today's…
Shroud of the Avatar’s Release 33 marks a game ‘in a constant state of change’
- Move over, No Man's Sky and Star Citizen: The ever-plucky one-man dev team at Fluffy Kitten Studios beat you to it. Ascent: The Space Game has a massive patch out…
Ascent: The Space Game patches in terraforming
- The current star pupil of Crowfall's development is the Myrmidon, a minotaur who does not play nice on the battlefield. According to the devs, this archetype charges much like a…
See Crowfall’s mighty Myrmidon in action
- Worlds Adrift has just announced that it's opening alpha signups. "We’re really pleased to announce that we’re now recruiting LOTS of people for the next Alpha playtest of Worlds Adrift.…
Worlds Adrift kicks off alpha signups with new trailer
- The last free-fly weekend and a stellar presentation at Gamescom have seemingly propelled Star Citizen to new fundraising heights: It's now officially raised over $120,000,000 thanks to the efforts of…
Star Citizen has surpassed $120M in crowdfunding
- Shroud of the Avatar is in the midst of another summer telethon celebrating the expiration of pledges and offering funding stretch goals to backers in this final fundraising period. Portalarium…
Shroud of the Avatar summer telethon, lot selection continue today
- If you were holding onto your hype waiting for Star Citizen's persistent universe, keep on holding because it's not out yet. But at Gamescom on Friday, Cloud Imperium dropped almost…
Star Citizen demos gameplay in its in-development persistent universe
- The Divergence Online project, a spiritual offshoot of Star Wars Galaxies, has spawned a survival game prequel that will lead into the MMO proper. This has been dubbed Divergence: Year…
Divergence Online brings a prequel survival game to Steam Greenlight Ever, Jane’s original Kickstarter pitch
Campaigns and crowdfunded MMOs we’re watching
(Société des Mondes Virtuels) – 3001SQ Kickstarter unsuccessful. Work continues.
(Artix Entertainment) – Raised 368k; plans October launch. AdventureQuest 3D
( Ascent: The Space Game Fluffy Kitten Studios) – Fully launched! (
Camelot Unchained City State) – Open donations/packages.
Caribbean Conquest (Invenio) – Kickstarter canceled (site has been taken offline).
( Contested Space Zon)
( Crowfall ArtCraft) – Open donations/packages
(Soulbound) – Chronicles of Elyria Kickstarter successful.
( Citadel of Sorcery MMO Magic, Inc.) – Open donations.
( City of Titans Missing Worlds Media)
( Descent Underground Descendent Studios)
Divergence Online ( Stained Glass Llama ) – Three campaigns; now in KS early access. (
Dogma: Eternal Night Prelude Games Factory): Kickstarter over, donor preorder packs.
( Dragon of Legends Thrive Games) – Successful Kickstarter.
( Eco Strange Loop Games)
(Huckleberry Games) – Edengrad Kickstarter funded June 2016; early access coming Sept.
( Elite: Dangerous Frontier Developments) – Funded and launched.
(Eleon) – Empyrionn Online Kickstarter canceled; launched on Steam early access.
( Epic Space EpicSpace.net)
( Ever, Jane 3 Turn Productions) – Now in open beta.
( Gloria Victis Black Eye Games) – Open donations, no end date.
( Greed Monger Greed Monger) – Abandoned, multiple times now.
(Crate Entertainment) – Funded and launched. Grim Dawn
( Guns of Icarus Muse) – Funded and launched.
( Hero’s Song Pixelmage Games): Kickstarter canceled; game launches in October.
Infinity: Battlescape ( I-Novae Studios )
( HEX HEX Entertainment)
( Life is Feudal Bitbox): Indiegogo ended.
( LUX Chimera) – Kickstarter canceled.
(Archetype Studios) – Midair Kickstarter successful.
( Neo’s Land NeoJac Entertainment) – Open donations, no end date.
( Novus AEterno Taitale Studios)
(Hydrant Games) – Overpower Kickstarter unfunded; heading to early access.
( Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Visionary Realms) – Open donations, no end date.
( Pathfinder Online GoblinWorks)
(Craneballs) – Successful Planet Nomads Kickstarter.
( Pixel Starships SavySoda)
( Project Gorgon Elder Game, LLC)
( Pumpkin Online Monique)
(Stephen Nichols) – Ongoing The Realm: Reawakened GoFundMe.
( The Repopulation Above & Beyond Technologies) – In middle of engine do-over.
(Darewise) – ROKH Kickstarter canceled; early access planned for Sept. 2016.
( The Stomping Land Alex Fundora) – Abandoned.
( Sacrament Ferocity Unbound) – Kickstarter failed; Patreon ongoing.
( Shadow’s Kiss Clockwork Throne) – Ongoing Patreon.
( Shards Online Citadel Studios)
( Shroud of the Avatar Portalarium) – Final wipe was in July 2016.
( Star Citizen Cloud Imperium) – Ongoing donations/packages.
( TUG Nerd Kingdom) – In middle of year-long revamp after funding surge.
(NeuronHaze) – Vigor Roads Kickstarter unsuccessful; early access planned for 2017. Star Citizen’s GrimHEX outlaw base