They may be ugly. They may be smelly. And they may have no table manners whatsoever. What, we’re not talking about the Battle Bards! No, it’s actually a reference to the subject matter of today’s episode: Goblins, Orcs, and Ogres. The most unglamorous of MMO races get their day in the spotlight, as the co-hosts scrounge through soundtracks to find music that best represents their various cultures. Oh, and apparently Ogres are the odd man out, because they get nothin’ other than a sad place in the show marquee.
Battle Bards is a bi-weekly podcast that alternates between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
We’ve got Episode 81: Goblins, Orcs, and Ogres! and the show notes for you after the break!
Episode 81 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Plight of the Ogres” from World of Warcraft and“Down Down to Goblin-Town” from Lord of the Rings Online)
- “The Crymbil (Goblins)” from Project Copernicus
- “Orc Village” from Lineage II
- “Kezan (Goblins)” from World of Warcraft
- “Goblin Village” from Runes of Magic
- “New Orsinium” from Elder Scrolls Online
- “Greenskins (Orcs)” from Warhammer Online
- “Cave of the Goblins” from RuneScape
- Which one did we like best?
- Jukebox picks: “Along for the Ride” from Poly Bridge, “Light is Green” from Halo 5, and “Theme” from Squids
- Outro (feat. “Goblin Sapper Quotes” from Warcraft III)