Triumph and victory — are they the same thing? Sometimes, but not always. On today’s breathtaking episode of Battle Bards, the team tackles triumphant (and victorious!) themes from MMORPGs, trying to nail down what, exactly, makes a track fit in this category. Also, Syl totally breaks the rules of the show’s format and she doesn’t even apologize. That’s how much of a rebel she is.
Battle Bards is a bi-weekly podcast that alternates between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
We’ve got Episode 83: Triumphant Victory and the show notes for you after the break!
Episode 83 show notes
- Intro (feat. “High Price of Victory” from ArcheAge and “Veranas City” from Runes of Magic)
- “Battle of Pelennor Fields — Final Victory” from Lord of the Rings Online
- “Hail the Victor!” from Lineage 2
- “Victory Banners” from Guild Wars
- “Argent Tournament: Joust Event” from World of Warcraft
- “Victory Theme” from Overwatch
- “Victory” from Firefall
- “Spark of Hope” from Dragon’s Prophet
- Which one did we like the most?
- Jukebox Picks: “On the Wings of Adventure” from Pixelmon, “Hyperspace” from Star Control 2, “Main Theme” from Song of the Deep
- Outro (feat. “Knighting Ceremony” from Lineage 2)