The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week knights and outlaws squared off in The Black Death. We’ve got that plus stories and videos from Final Fantasy XIV, Destiny, Master X Master, World of Warcraft, and more, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- The Black Death: The devs shared a view visual treats from an upcoming build that includes hovels, knights, and outlaws. Guess everyone needs a place to live!
- Lost Sector: Jump into the newly started open beta to check out this online strategy action game.
- Master X Master: Pick up the MOBA’s hot single “Upside Down” from iTunes. Don’t be embarrassed that you’re jamming out to a tune sung by a video game pop star.
- Rappelz: The latest update, Epic 9.4: The Expedition, delivered a new dungeon area, seven additional bosses, and the Blue-eye weapons set. [Source: press release]
- Pocket Maplestory: The powerful Blaze Wizard has migrated from the original game into this mobile version with the most recent update! [Source: press release]
- Path of Exile: The team is giving players the heads-up that 3.0 will streamline progression down to 10 acts in order to get players to the endgame at a reasonable rate. Also, you can take a peek of what’s inside the game’s latest “mystery boxes.”
- Aurcus Online: This mobile MMO received an update gracing it with a new zone, achievement sytem, a level cap increase, and the third part of its continuing guild mission. [Source: press release]
- Continent of the Ninth Seal: Raebin adventurers are invited to tackle the new Eternal Spring of Endor dungeon and snag some of the ultimate rare weapons found in this patch. [Source: press release]
- Final Fantasy XI: Patch notes for the October 11th update are out, and they mention plans to add a new alter ego (via quest) and some quality-of-life adjustments to Voidwatch.
- H1Z1: There’s a “strange zombie” in the most recent patch. What could it be?
- Ingress: The Resistance won out over the Enlightened, 20-19, in the recent Via Lux event. Another event is scheduled for November 12th. [Thanks Nordavind!]
- MU Online: A new speed server is opening up on October 4th. Will you see how fast you can level with massively boosted XP?
Odds and Ends
- Destiny: The game’s newest raid was successfully overcome by a team in just two hours after it released.
- Blizzard: An agreement was signed to renew the operation of Blizzard’s titles in China by Netease through 2020. Doesn’t seem so far off now, does it?
- Trove: You can now find and tame a chocolate dragon. That is all you need to know. Oh, and fly it, don’t eat it. That’s important too.
- Elder Scrolls Legends: Similar to Hearthstone’s new beginner pack offerings, Elder Scrolls Legends is selling a $5 starter set that includes 10 packs of cards, a few legendaries, a title, and some card artwork. [Source: press release]
- Final Fantasy XIV: Get caught up on all of the interviews, panels, and revelations from the Las Vegas Fan Festival 2016 by picking up a digital access pass to all of the livestream content (and some in-game goodies) for $30.
- Ultima Online: Want to become an open event moderator? There are two positions open if you’re interested in applying for the role.
- World of Warcraft: Yes, there’s an official WoW coloring book. You can’t even muster up the energy to pretend to look surprised, can you?
Get a look at Elsword Online’s new Transcendence update with this patch trailer:
Check out the fancy — and powerful — bladework of Kwang, Paragon’s newest champion: