The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we take a look at how SkySaga is handling a particularly tricky issue regarding player trading and recipes. We’ve got that plus stories and videos from Pokemon Go, Landmark, Heroes of the Storm, and more, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Alchemia Story: Steparu gave a glowing recommendation to this Japanese anime mobile MMO, saying that it pulls great elements from Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger.
- League of Guessing: This weird, unofficial League of Legends fan game is making the jump from mobile to Steam that seems to be mostly trivia game with recycled art assets. Riot doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to take it down, though.
- Necropolis: Here’s a newly launched title that might deserve a look! Necropolis is a “four-player co-op 3-D action roguelike.” Translation? “You gonna die.”
- SkySaga: Issues with player trade has forced the team to keep trades of recipes between a player and vendors only. A dev blog explains why the change was necessary and what the team intends for players to do to obtain desired recipes while playing.
- Wargaming: The Challenge Rumble is coming up next month on November 19th, with teams competing for a spot in the Champions Rumble, which has a prize pool of $280,000.
- Wizard101: The game’s newsletter promises that October will be a month full of “fun surprises” as its Halloween content returns.
- Landmark: The game’s third annual pumpkin carving contest is here, and pumpkins everywhere are crying out in injustice over the torture of their fellow pumpkinkind.
- Armored Warfare is celebrating the anniversary of the launch of its open beta.
Odds and Ends
- Path of Exile: Take a load off your feet and read an interview with Path of Exile’s audio engineer Andrew. He’s so cool he doesn’t even need a last name!
- Overwatch: At Twitchcon, Overwatch was named the most popular Twitch title of 2016, followed by World of Warcraft and Destiny: Rise of Iron.
- Pokemon Go: This game has been rolled out in 31 additional countries. Go Ghana go! [Thanks Nordavind!]
- LEGO Minifigures Online: In case you missed it, this title closed its doors on September 30th. “It is never easy saying goodbye to friends, but we will forever be thankful for the time we have spent together with you — the community — adventuring through the worlds of LEGO Minifigures Online.”
- World of Tanks introduced its very first Swedish tanks.
- Gloria Victis rolled out another round of new dynamic quests.
Heroes of the Storm is preparing to introduce a new game mode, Heroes Brawl, into this MOBA. “Play on both familiar and never-before-seen battlegrounds with new unique twists and custom rulesets that turn everything you thought you knew about the game on its head,” Blizzard wrote. Its madcap trailer is below!
Get ready for the Global Ops patch in Armored Warfare!
Paragon’s Kwang is a “durable fighter” with more than a few tricks up his sleeve. What do you think about him in action?
Path of Exile teased new channeled skills: