This week in MMO crowdfunding news, congrats are due to
, the sci-fi sandbox whose Kickstarter successfully funded on Tuesday with over 8100 backers pledging over $630,000 toward a $556,421 goal. Dual Universe
CitizenCon came to a close, we interviewed Smed about Star Citizen’s now-ended Indiegogo and future plans, Hero’s Song’s dished on raiding, Pantheon appears to have funded early on Fig, Wasteland 3 explained how its “influence points” work, Chronicles of Elyria wiped its test servers for a major progression and skill patch, and Fragmented presented the town of Harvest, which just could not possibly be more fall appropriate. Shroud of the Avatar
Read on for more on what’s up with MMO crowdfunding this week and the roundup of all the crowdfunded MMOs we’ve got our eye on!
Shroud of the Avatar gallery
Star Citizen’s pre-CitizenCon vid
VIDEO Recent MMO crowdfunding news
- Wondering what's up with Camelot Unchained's Seattle outfit? "Our team has expanded and will continue to expand in the coming months," Mark Jacobs tells players today in the weekly update.…
Camelot Unchained homes in on ‘re-abilitation’ effort
- Selected "VIP" members of the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen forums were recently treated to a special Q&A session with the Visionary Realms devs, and now the whole Q&A has…
Pantheon on ghost towns, hardcore raiding, and dungeon attunement
- In this month's Crowfall Q&A video, Creative Director J. Todd Coleman and Design Lead Thomas Blair give fair warning: The next round of testing is going to be boring, even though…
Crowfall’s next big update is aimed at serious testers
- Indie sandbox The Exiled (fka Das Tal) has a sizable patch coming on Monday. Unceremoniously dubbed Alpha 43, it will unfortunately include a wipe for existing testers. The good news…
The Exiled plans wipe and patch for AI and casting modes next week
- You'll have to forgive us, but we are still recovering from the news that Star Citizen is selling a new virtual spaceship for a whopping $750 (and that's not to mention…
Star Citizen answers questions about its $750 ship
- While working on the core guts of an MMORPG might not be as sexy to players as, say, visible features and classes, the effort is definitely needed in order to…
Crowfall gets ready to test major foundational systems
- If you missed our live Hero’s Song interview with John Smedley on OPTV, you missed a couple of tantalizing tidbits. One involved family ties and inheritance. Since the game focuses…
Smed adds family inheritance to Hero’s Song’s to-do list
- Chronicles of Elyria has a long blog post out today, and while this one is unlikely to generate a flurry of confusion like the last edition, it does dive into…
Seed the world yourself with Chronicles of Elyria’s influence points
- To quote Douglas Adams, space is big. Really big. How in the world are you going to explore all of it, even in a game like Elite: Dangerous? It turns…
Elite’s test server adds in super-charged jump plumes by mistake
- Years of playing MMOs have no doubt left your slash key withered to a nub, scarcely fit for use except for the vitally useful slash command. It's the reason you…
Crowfall chats about the commanding power of chat commands
- Yes, you read the header; Dual Universe has officially funded with over 8100 backers pledging over $630,000 toward a $556,421 goal. If someone registered DidDualUniverseReachItsFundingGoal.com, that site should probably get its final…
Dual Universe’s Kickstarter has successfully funded
- You asked for it, and we've got it! John Smedley is joining Massively OP's MJ for a second interview about Hero's Song. He'll be showing off the game while MJ…
The Stream Team: Our second live interview with Hero’s Song’s John Smedley
- In celebration of the anniversary of Star Citizen's original Kickstarter (and maybe as a wee apology for the delay of Squadron 42 announced at CitizenCon over the weekend), Cloud Imperium…
Star Citizen unlocks all ships for backers until October 17
- No one could blame you for being just a little bit... apprehensive about the radio silence around No Man's Sky. After a rather controversial launch wherein the whole multiplayer aspect…
Everything is probably fine behind the scenes of No Man’s Sky
- Wasteland 3, the latest sequel for classic RPG Wasteland and the first multiplayer edition in the series, has successfully reached its baseline crowdfunding goal of $2.75 million US on the…
Multiplayer Wasteland 3 has already hit its $2.75M Fig crowdfunding goal
- He may be swift as a coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon, but he's been MIA in Worlds Adrift. Who? The man. Any man. Oftentimes, it's…
Be a man in Worlds Adrift
- Star Citizen's rolled out its massive CitizenCon finale last night in LA, with multiple Cloud Imperium reps hitting the stage during the presentation to talk up everything from the Spectrum community…
Star Citizen: CitizenCon recap and Squadron 42 delay MOP interviews Smed on Hero’s Song
VIDEO Campaigns and crowdfunded MMOs we’re watching
(Société des Mondes Virtuels) – 3001SQ Kickstarter unsuccessful. Work continues.
(Artix Entertainment) – Raised 368k; plans October launch. AdventureQuest 3D
( Antraxx Team Antraxx) – Kickstarter ends November 1.
( Ascent: The Space Game Fluffy Kitten Studios) – Fully launched! (
Camelot Unchained City State) – Open donations/packages.
Caribbean Conquest (Invenio) – Kickstarter canceled (site has been taken offline).
( Contested Space Zon)
( Crowfall ArtCraft) – Open donations/packages
(Soulbound) – Chronicles of Elyria Kickstarter successful.
( Citadel of Sorcery MMO Magic, Inc.) – Open donations.
( City of Titans Missing Worlds Media)
( Descent Underground Descendent Studios)
Divergence Online ( Stained Glass Llama ) – Three campaigns; now in KS early access. (
Dogma: Eternal Night Prelude Games Factory): Kickstarter over, donor preorder packs.
( Dragon of Legends Thrive Games) – Successful Kickstarter.
( Dual Universe Novaquark) – Kickstarter funded.
( Eco Strange Loop Games)
(Huckleberry Games) – Edengrad Kickstarter funded June 2016; early access coming Sept.
( Elite: Dangerous Frontier Developments) – Funded and launched.
(Eleon) – Empyrionn Online Kickstarter canceled; launched on Steam early access.
( Epic Space EpicSpace.net)
( Ever, Jane 3 Turn Productions) – Now in open beta.
( Gloria Victis Black Eye Games) – Open donations, no end date.
( Greed Monger Greed Monger) – Abandoned, multiple times now.
(Crate Entertainment) – Funded and launched. Grim Dawn
( Guns of Icarus Muse) – Funded and launched.
( Hero’s Song Pixelmage) – Kickstarter canceled; Indiegogo pulled in $94K.
Infinity: Battlescape ( I-Novae Studios )
( HEX HEX Entertainment) – Successful Kickstarter, now playable.
( Life is Feudal Bitbox): Indiegogo ended.
( LUX Chimera) – Kickstarter canceled.
(Archetype Studios) – Midair Kickstarter successful.
( Neo’s Land NeoJac Entertainment) – Open donations, no end date.
( Novus AEterno Taitale Studios)
(Hydrant Games) – Overpower Kickstarter unfunded; heading to early access.
( Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Visionary Realms) – Open donations, no end date.
( Pathfinder Online GoblinWorks) – Doom, mostly.
(Craneballs) – Successful Planet Nomads Kickstarter.
( Pixel Starships SavySoda)
( Project Gorgon Elder Game, LLC)
( Pumpkin Online Monique)
(Stephen Nichols) – Ongoing The Realm: Reawakened GoFundMe.
( The Repopulation Above & Beyond Technologies) – In middle of engine do-over.
(Darewise) – ROKH Kickstarter canceled; early access delayed to 2017.
( The Stomping Land Alex Fundora) – Abandoned.
( Sacrament Ferocity Unbound) – Kickstarter failed; Patreon ongoing.
( Shadow’s Kiss Clockwork Throne) – Ongoing Patreon.
( Shards Online Citadel Studios)
( Shroud of the Avatar Portalarium) – Final wipe was in July 2016.
( Star Citizen Cloud Imperium) – Ongoing donations/packages.
( TUG Nerd Kingdom) – In middle of year-long revamp after funding surge.
(NeuronHaze) – Vigor Roads Kickstarter unsuccessful; early access planned for 2017. Star Citizen’s procedural planets