The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we heard the sad news that Korean action MMO Aima will be shutting its doors next month. We’ve got that plus stories and videos from Elder Scrolls Online, Conan Exiles, Aion, and more, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Conan Exiles: The team showed off a dancer’s outfit for the men on Twitter. Looks snazzy if not very resistant to swords.
- Osiris: New Dawn: A new build required a complete wipe for this survival game. In return, players got location-based servers, PvE servers, and destructable furniture. [Thanks MySecretID!]
- The Black Death: A recent dev blog discusses a wide range of topics for this survival sandbox, including resource placement and plague-carrying rats.
- Starmourn: This upcoming sci-fi MUD revealed its full race lineup. Will you play boring humans or exciting aliens?
- The Aetherlight: This new title invites groups of friends and kids to adventure through a fantasy steampunk world with biblical influences.
- Final Fantasy XI: A small October 11th patch added new Records of Eminence objectives, adjusted the Trust Initiative, and tossed in new items for fun.
- Battleborn: A free PvP multiplayer mode, Face-Off, has arrived in the game along side a pay-to-play story chapter.
- Aion: The team posted a preview of two of Patch 5.1’s new gear features: magical crafting and magical morphing. Magic!
- Overwatch: During the game’s Halloween event, players thought that there might be a mystery concerning the purple crows flying about. Blizzard says there’s not. But is there? No, probably not.
- Aion: The Nightmare Circus has returned, a special Halloween dungeon in which players are transformed and given new skills to save the faerie queen.
- Toram Online: Halloween has arrived in this mobile game with a special map, quest line, and story. The event will run through November 6th. [Source: press release]
Odds and Ends
- Aima: After a little over a year in operation, Korean side-scrolling action MMO Aima will be shutting down on November 17th.
- Nexon: The publisher has opened up a large new office in Thailand, allowing Nexon to establish a base of operations for the Southeast Asia region.
- Dark Age of Camelot: The team has suspended or banned over a hundred accounts for using so-called “radar hacks.”
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: There’s a petition going around for Netflix to create an Old Republic series, partially due to the new expansion Blur trailer that’s had everyone talking.
- Star Trek Online: Cryptic revealed a trio of new and improved Tier 6 starships coming soon to the game.
- Pokemon Go: Niantic is still holding back on releasing a worldwide fix to the game’s map tracker feature.
Gamasutra sat down with the Elder Scrolls Online team to talk about and play through the One Tamriel update!
Paladins rolled out its Open Beta Patch 35 with a new hero: Mal’Damba, Wekono’s Chosen. The game is also allowing all testers to access every champion this month in addition to getting weekly freebies. [Thanks Nordavind!]
Get a video preview of Elsword Online’s Transcendence Part 2 update:
Get a look at the making of Escape from Tarkov, complete with the devs firing incredibly dangerous weapons: