You don’t have to go questing for an adventure in AdventureQuest 3D. Wait… hold on. I’m sorry, that’s exactly what you do in the game. It’s right there in the title. Boy, do I look dumb. Yes, after a very brief delay, the game is now in open beta, so you can go questing for adventure as you wish all over the place.
But it’s not just adventuring and quests this week; there’s other beta news out and about. Isn’t that something?
- If you want to get in on the League of Legends client alpha, it will end very soon, replaced with the open beta that everyone can access.
- Alpha 4.0 for Empyrion – Galactic Survival is out now! To clarify, it’s a game about surviving within a galaxy, not a game in which you play a galaxy struggling to survive. I’m not sure how that version would even work, but if someone makes it, I’ll probably play it.
- Love SMITE but hate the relative speed of it? Perhaps you ought to consider the upcoming turn-based battler Smite Tactics, which is slated for testing sometime this year. It’s all the deific battles of SMITE, but now everyone takes polite turns to do so.
- Nebula Online is leaving the safe, forgiving waters of early access for the rocky shoals of launch in November. If you were eagerly awaiting the launch, now you know when it’s happening; if you didn’t even know it existed, well, now you can prepare for launch.
- It’s been very quiet around TUG, hasn’t it? Never fear, the developers are posting new job openings and plugging away at the game’s second version!
- Last but not least, The Exiled has gotten harder, better, faster, and stronger with its most recent update. Note that this is not about the game adding in Daft Punk; it’s just really faster now.
Is that enough for you? Aw, heck, we’ll give you a full list of games currently in testing just below all the same, but don’t tell anyone. Or do tell everyone, we won’t stop you. Let us know if something hopped test phases without our noticing, that happens every so often.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Albion Online: Closed beta will last well into 2017
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Cloud Pirates: Closed beta
Crossout: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Fragmented: Early access
Gigantic: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early Access on Steam
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games
Hero’s Song: Alpha in October
HEX: Unofficial open beta
LawBreakers: Closed alpha
Life is Feudal: Closed alpha
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Master x Master: Alpha test
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Origins of Malu: Development suspended
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Paladins: Closed beta
Paragon: Open beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Revelation Online: Closed beta begins Oct 25
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Exiled: Ongoing alpha tests, summer alpha currently active; formerly Das Tal
The Repopulation: Alpha offline, moving to the Unreal engine
Tree of Life: Open beta
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha testing
Wild Terra: Steam early access on December 1st