After a week’s delay, Revelation Online has arrived in closed beta. It even has a snazzy trailer to go along with it, which is cool. If you get tired of the content in the beta, you might be playing it a little too aggressively, but you can take heart in the fact that there’s also more content just around the bend in its native home. So that’s all good.
Oh, and there is indeed more news. Yes, this has been a busy time for betas. In no particular order:
- Crowfall has a plan and a schedule for its persistent world testing. It also has crafting and duelists to show you. In short, it wants your attention. Why not play along?
- Another Gigantic closed beta weekend is here. Technically, it started on Thursday, but let’s not quibble; the important thing is you can play it and test the game as it moves along.
- As long as we’re walking on the MOBA side, let’s note that Master x Master is going to be kicking off PvP testing later this month. Yes, amidst all of that game’s PvE content it is still technically a MOBA. It can be easy to forget sometimes.
- Hero’s Song, on the other hand, is not even remotely a MOBA, but it has entered a backer alpha. So now you can jump in and play that instead of a MOBA. Assuming those were your only two options. It’s not the best segue.
- Civilization Online is now closing down after never technically leaving beta. This is sad news, although it’d be sadder if it ever launched over here.
- There are big things coming to The Exiled’s final alpha. How big? So big you can’t even hear about them yet! But they’re coming. Extensive revamps will arrive. Just you wait and see.
- Last but not least, the utterly bonkers Project Gorgon is seeking some additional funding after years of free, open testing. If you enjoy games which allow you to become a cow and then just stay one as long as you’re happy being a cow, this might be one to back.
Was there anything else? Oh, right, the list! There’s the list below with games that are currently in testing, and if some of those have slipped in a full cash shop without us noticing we’d appreciate you letting us know. That’d be cool of you.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Albion Online: Closed beta will last well into 2017
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Cloud Pirates: Closed beta
Crossout: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Fragmented: Early access
Gigantic: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early Access on Steam
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games
Hero’s Song: Backer alpha, early access starting the week of 11/7
HEX: Unofficial open beta
LawBreakers: Closed alpha
Life is Feudal: Closed alpha
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Master x Master: Alpha test
Mu Legend: Closed beta
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Origins of Malu: Development suspended
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Paladins: Closed beta
Paragon: Open beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Revelation Online: Closed beta
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Exiled: Ongoing alpha tests, summer alpha currently active; formerly Das Tal
The Repopulation: Alpha offline, moving to the Unreal engine
Tree of Life: Open beta
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha testing
Wild Terra: Steam early access on December 1st