This week in MMO crowdfunding news — or future crowdfunding news, as the case may be — we learned all about
, a new sandbox MMORPG being built by a group partly made up of ex-SOE/Daybreak designers. A future Kickstarter is just one of their plans! Ashes of Creation
Meanwhile, winter is coming to
, 1000 guilds have already formed for AdventureQuest 3D , Dual Universe announced plans to launch on the PS4, Elite Dangerous introduced house ownership, and Ever Jane explained how it plans to integrate with Discord. Camelot Unchained
Read on for more on what’s up with MMO crowdfunding over the last week and the regular roundup of all the crowdfunded MMOs we’ve got our eye on!
Ashes of Creation video
VIDEO Recent MMO crowdfunding news
- The doors have been opened -- albeit only a crack -- to admit the first few testers into Neos Land. NeoJac announced that last weekend saw a "light test run" with…
Neos Land starts light pre-alpha testing
- Camelot Unchained has a powerful new ally in its fight against your personal boredom. Mark Jacobs revealed a partnership this week that should bode well for the future of the…
Camelot Unchained to integrate Discord, including voice chat
- Do you want to own the grandest mansion in the land? Of course you do. That's why you're reading an article about Ever, Jane, the Jane Austen-based MMORPG out of…
Ever, Jane’s third big update of open beta begins today with house ownership
- Project Gorgon's latest patch is live this week. Its centerpiece? A major expansion to the newbie dungeon, making it a good time to give the game a try as a…
Project Gorgon’s latest patch improves the newbie island dungeon
- Visionary Realms has been chattering about its big Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen stream for over a week now, and the day has finally arrived. The event is kicking off…
Pantheon debuts the Shaman class on stream this afternoon
- There's a galaxy out there to explore, kid, so why confine yourself to just one planet? The space survival sandbox Osiris: New Dawn isn't about to limit itself to a…
Osiris: New Dawn blasts off to the icy moon of Aziel
- In most MMOs, it doesn't matter what server you play on, the world still has the same shape. You don't log in to a new server and find that major…
Crowfall shows off its unique server maps
- The Ashes of Creation team has released a new video to cap off the week, this first one literally a first look at the Unreal Engine-based MMORPG's enviroments -- five…
New MMORPG Ashes of Creation demos environments in new video
- If you've finished up HEX's PvE campaign, you've probably been looking forward to the next Chronicles of Entrath update. Now it's here, and players can dive right in! And if…
HEX launches the second chapter of Chronicles of Entrath
- Every MMO wants to put its best foot forward, but it usually as a lot of content that's locked behind higher levels. So how does a game like Allods Online…
Allods Online’s next big update adds in low-level Astral Allods and Skirmishes
- Elite Dangerous is coming to the PlayStation 4 -- and while it is not bringing its lost colon, it's bringing everything else. Frontier CEO David Braben announced the news early…
Elite: Dangerous charts a course for the PlayStation 4 in 2017
- Very soon now the doors to Grim Dawn's newest dungeon will creak open, a yawning mouth that invites grizzled and overeager adventurers both to step through it and be swallowed.…
Grim Dawn preps its third roguelike dungeon
- Ahead of its big stream on Friday, Pantheon's newsletter today is bursting with details on the Shaman class, which is due for its reveal during the event. The class is…
Pantheon’s Shaman will look familiar to traditional MMORPG players
- For the most part, Saga of Lucimia has been relatively quiet this fall as it continues development. Quiet, that is, except for its video channel, which has been pumping out…
Saga of Lucimia hammers home the importance of grouping
- It's been a while since we've checked in on Shards Online, so let's talk about death. No, not the game itself, but death within the game. One of the big…
Shards Online updates players on permadeath and targeting
- Yesterday we covered a tip about a new MMORPG in the making: Ashes of Creation. Apparently we caught wind of this title before it was fully ready for a world reveal,…
Exclusive interview with Ashes of Creation’s Jeffrey Bard, formerly of Daybreak
- It's easy to look at all of Crowfall's screenshots up to now and be vaguely reminded of throwing action figures against one another. That's not an aspersion on the art…
Crowfall shows off the many faces (and colors) of character customization
- Good news for Project Gorgon: The indie MMO has crossed the halfway point in its current Indiegogo campaign, raising over $10,000 toward its $20,000 goal. As a treat for the…
Project Gorgon crosses fundraising halfway mark, introduces the Fairy race
- A wild MMORPG appears! Your excitement or skepticism is super effective! So here's your out-of-the-blue MMO reveal for Tuesday. The game is called Ashes of Creation, a relatively new project…
Ashes of Creation promises a sandbox MMO full of organic events
- An unexpected snag in Crowfall's digital store is prompting ArtCraft to make some changes to its European operations. "An interesting side-effect of having an official 'presence' in Europe is that…
Crowfall locks up EU store credit
- The team behind Shroud of the Avatar has been quick to point out that having the game go persistent is not the same as being done making big changes to…
Shroud of the Avatar details polish coming to upcoming patches
- Speed is picking up with Gloria Victis' development. The dev team reports that it is close to finishing a new building system that will allow it to add locations to…
Gloria Victis promises faster town creation, improved character models
- It's not launched yet, but Albion Online apparently didn't want to let the holiday season go by without adding a little festive fun of its own. Starting on December 10th,…
Albion Online’s holiday event is elfin’ hardcore HEX’s new campaign
VIDEO Campaigns and crowdfunded MMOs we’re watching
(Société des Mondes Virtuels) – 3001SQ Kickstarter unsuccessful. Work continues.
(Artix Entertainment) – Raised AdventureQuest 3D 368k; hit open beta in October.
( Antraxx Team Antraxx) – Kickstarter canceled.
( Ascent: The Space Game Fluffy Kitten Studios) – Successful KS. Fully launched 2016. (
Camelot Unchained City State) – Kickstarter successful; open donations/packages.
Caribbean Conquest (Invenio) – Kickstarter canceled (site offline).
( Contested Space Zon)
( Crowfall ArtCraft) – Kickstarter win, open packages, Indiegogo crowdfunding ongoing.
(Soulbound) – Chronicles of Elyria Kickstarter successful, open packages.
( Citadel of Sorcery MMO Magic, Inc.) – Open donations.
( City of Titans Missing Worlds Media) – Successful KS; launch planned for fall 2018.
( Descent Underground Descendent Studios) – Successful KS.
Divergence Online ( Stained Glass Llama ) – Three campaigns; now in KS early access. (
Dogma: Eternal Night Prelude Games Factory): Kickstarter over, donor preorder packs.
( Dragon of Legends Thrive Games) – Successful Kickstarter.
( Dual Universe Novaquark) – Kickstarter funded, now has donor platform.
( Eco Strange Loop Games)
(Huckleberry Games) – Edengrad Kickstarter funded; now in pre-alpha.
( Elite: Dangerous Frontier Developments) – Funded and launched.
(Eleon) – Empyrion Online Kickstarter canceled; launched on Steam early access.
( Epic Space EpicSpace.net)
( Ever, Jane 3 Turn Productions) – Now in open beta.
( Gloria Victis Black Eye Games) – Open donations, no end date; in early access.
( Greed Monger Greed Monger) – Abandoned, multiple times now.
(Crate Entertainment) – Funded and launched. Grim Dawn
( Guns of Icarus Muse) – Funded and launched.
( Hero’s Song Pixelmage) – KS canceled; Indiegogo made $94K. Early access alpha.
Infinity: Battlescape ( I-Novae Studios )
( HEX HEX Entertainment) – Successful Kickstarter, now playable.
( Life is Feudal Bitbox): Indiegogo ended.
( LUX Chimera) – Kickstarter canceled.
(Archetype Studios) – Midair Kickstarter successful.
(Mizar Games) Nebula Online Kickstarter canceled; launched in November.
( Neo’s Land NeoJac Entertainment) – Open donations, no end date.
( Novus AEterno Taitale Studios)
(Hydrant Games) – Overpower Kickstarter unfunded; heading to early access.
( Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Visionary Realms) – Open donations, no end date.
( Pathfinder Online GoblinWorks) – Doom, mostly.
(Craneballs) – Successful Planet Nomads Kickstarter.
( Pixel Starships SavySoda)
( Project Gorgon Elder Game) – Kickstarted in three tries. . Indiegogo ends Dec
( Pumpkin Online Monique)
(Stephen Nichols) – Ongoing The Realm: Reawakened GoFundMe.
( The Repopulation Above & Beyond Technologies) – In middle of engine do-over.
(Darewise) – ROKH Kickstarter canceled; early access delayed to 2017.
( The Stomping Land Alex Fundora) – Abandoned.
( Sacrament Ferocity Unbound) – Kickstarter failed; Patreon ongoing.
( Shadow’s Kiss Clockwork Throne) – Ongoing Patreon.
( Shards Online Citadel Studios)
( Shroud of the Avatar Portalarium) – Successful KS. Final wipe/soft launch July 2016.
( Star Citizen Cloud Imperium) – Ongoing donations/packages.
( TUG Nerd Kingdom) – In middle of year-long revamp after funding surge.
(NeuronHaze) – Vigor Roads Kickstarter unsuccessful; early access planned for 2017. Elite: Dangerous aims for the PS4