Finishing up today is Crowfall’s Indiegogo-based equity crowdfunding campaign, one of the first games and MMORPGs to take advantage of new 2016 laws that allow regular people to invest in small indie companies online. As I write this, the studio has raised just over $600,000 with just over 1100 investors, solidly in the middle of its $159K-$1M goal range.
I’m curious, though, whether any of you were among the investors or plan to invest in other games in the future, now that actual investing (however limited and risky) is an option when once only donations were on the table.
That leads me to today’s Leaderboard and the pair of polls below, where we’re asking you both about your involvement in Crowfall’s fundraising and your involvement in future equity crowdfunding ventures from other studios. Onward!
Did you participate in any of Crowfall's funding?
- I invested money into Crowfall's equity crowdfund raise and also Kickstarted it. (11%, 30 Votes)
- I invested money into Crowfall's equity crowdfund raise but did not Kickstart. (4%, 11 Votes)
- I donated money to Crowfall's Kickstarter but did not invest in the raise. (25%, 67 Votes)
- I did not invest in or donate to Crowfall. (60%, 159 Votes)
Total Voters: 267
Will you ever participate in equity crowdfunding for an MMO?
- I definitely would participate (or have already participated) in equity crowdfunding for the right MMORPG. (23%, 57 Votes)
- I might participate in equity crowdfunding for the right MMORPG. (29%, 72 Votes)
- I probably wouldn't participate in equity crowdfunding for an MMORPG. (23%, 56 Votes)
- I definitely would never participate in equity crowdfunding for an MMORPG. (25%, 62 Votes)
Total Voters: 247