Past the downtime and the lag and the inventory snafus, how are Marvel Heroes players reacting to the “biggest update ever?”
Not well. On Steam, negative reviewers are busily tanking the game’s rating, dragging its review score down from its usual “mostly positive” to the recent “mostly negative” with claims that the update drained the game of fun and lore and action and depth-wise is “a shallow husk of what it used to be.”
On Reddit, players are upset that Gazillion apparently removed newbie accounts’ options for their first hero, a regression in design goals.
That said, there’s a bit of positivity too, particularly when it comes to the infinity system and costume system.
If you gave it a go over the weekend, what do you think?
Where do you stand on Marvel Heroes' recent update?
- I'm totally content. (8%, 52 Votes)
- I'm pretty content, though there are some problems. (22%, 135 Votes)
- I'm kind of annoyed by the update, but I'm still playing. (9%, 53 Votes)
- I'm unhappy with a lot and might stop playing. (13%, 82 Votes)
- I'm unhappy with so much I've already quit. (9%, 58 Votes)
- I'm unhappy with so much I've already quit and nothing will bring me back. (2%, 15 Votes)
- I play sometimes, but I haven't tried the new stuff yet. (23%, 144 Votes)
- I've never played Marvel Heroes. (13%, 81 Votes)
Total Voters: 620