The extended beta for Albion Online gives the developers time to add more to the game. For example, when the Galahad patch goes live, players will be able to explore completely revamped cities! Not partially vamped, either, they had no vamps before and now they’ve been re-vamped. (We might not know exactly what that means.) There’s also the upcoming expedition system, which is… instanced PvE dungeons, but don’t call them that, probably.
Other beta news? Oh, sure, we’ll do that for you. Because we’re friends and all.
- The closed beta for Dragon Nest 2 is recruiting now, although there’s no word on when exactly it starts. Or much hope for onlookers from this side of the pond, as it really does require Korean players. But it’s moving forward, that’s something.
- CBT3 for Revelation Online has come to an end, with the open beta around the corner. How far around the corner? We don’t know. Of course, considering that name reservations go live on February 14th, we can certainly speculate.
- Crowfall was all ready to go with its Templar setup, demonstrating the animations and everything. Unfortunately, you’re going to have to wait a little longer, as the planned test on February 10th was cancelled. The sadness, she is overwhelming.
- Want to see a bit of Ashes of Creation in action? You can check out the first glance inside one of the game’s dungeons right now. Per legal agreements, there will be no puns about how the ice-themed dungeon “looks cool,” intentional or otherwise.
- Cloud Pirates is hitting that most special of all times, early access! It even includes a new gameplay mode, so you can’t be mad. (Is that how the rules work? You can’t be mad if you get extra stuff too? Someone should check on that.)
Rather calm week, yes? Don’t blame us, most of us were buried under snow. There’s still a nice full list just below, though, but you never know when some of these games might have hopped test phases without us realizing it. We do our best to track the offenders down, but if we miss someone, would you be kind enough to let us know down in the comments? Thanks.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Albion Online: Closed beta will last well into 2017
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Cloud Pirates: Early access
Crossout: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Fragmented: Early access
Gigantic: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early Access on Steam
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games
HEX: Unofficial open beta
LawBreakers: Closed alpha
Life is Feudal: Closed beta
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Master x Master: Alpha test
Mu Legend: Closed beta
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Origins of Malu: Development moving forward on battleground experience, MMO suspended
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Paladins: Closed beta
Paragon: Open beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Revelation Online: Closed beta
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Exiled: Closed alpha, early access on February 23rd; formerly Das Tal
The Repopulation: Ownership changed, testing reopens Q1 2017
Tree of Life: Open beta
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha testing
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access planned for Q1 2017