The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we have stories and videos from H1Z1, Gloria Victis, Diablo 3, Path of Exile, RiftStar Raiders, Gigantic, Lineage M, League of Legends, Fish Island 2, Wild Buster Online, Heroes of Incredible Tales, World of Tanks, God Eater Online, Closers Online, and Star Citizen, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- God Eater Online: Steparu notes that pre-registration for this Japanese title is still ongoing and speculates that launch could be coming soon.
- H1Z1: The game’s product manager answered several questions that covered how the team takes and uses player feedback to shape the game.
- Gloria Victis: Indulge your inner pyro with the latest patch, which lets you burn structures with your torch! Fire good!
- Heroes of Incredible Tales: This mobile title announced that it has already racked up over 17 million downloads worldwide and will be releasing an update on the 16th that includes a skill cap increase and improvements to guilds. [Source: press release]
- Diablo 3: The preliminary patch notes for 2.5.0 are on the public test realm with the new armory and crafting mat storage. When you’re done ogling those, read a new dev diary on the topic of rift “fishing.”
- World of Tanks: The team is celebrating the game’s third anniversary on console by handing out a free premium tank to anyone who logs in by February 28th.
Odds and Ends
- League of Legends: The banhammer came down hard this week on several Oceanic competitive players — 40% of them, actually — for cheating during the season. Meanwhile, one popular player signed up for Twitch and basically broke the internet by peaking at 245K concurrent viewers.
- ZeniMax: The studio is hiring on a new 3-D environmental artist. Whee!
- Path of Exile: The team devoted a dev diary to talking about the difficulties in balancing legacy unique items. Also, there’s a real ugly heart decoration that’s now on sale in the game store for your home. [Thanks Pepperzine!]
Gigantic’s frost-filled Exile in the North update went live this week, and this adorable overview might just be the thing to thaw your heart toward the game:
Will Lineage do well on mobile? Check out the new Korean trailer for Lineage M and see if it might be worthy of your time:
Happy birthday to World of Tanks console edition! Celebrate with the following video.
It’s been six hours since your last new Star Citizen video fix, so here you go: an episode of Citizens of the Stars!
Check out the first (unsubtitled) episode of Closers Online’s anime series:
Scifi MMO Wild Buster Online is launching in Korea on March 2nd. Check out the trailer to see what you’re missing:
Need some sharp-looking scifi action in your life? Grab three friends and take a look at the new RiftStar Raiders that’s coming to PS4, Xbone, and PC in 2017.
Steparu took a little bit of time with Fish Island 2, a four-player coop title that he calls the “cutest anime fishing game.” What do you think about it?