Next week is shaping up to be a big one for the MMO industry, unsurprisingly, as Memorial Day approaches and schools begin leaking out for the season. Allods Online has its own release in store next week: the 8.0.1 Creation update, an apparent thematic extension of last winter’s Immortality expansion. On deck for the update:
- an althetic competition – “Join chariot races, descend into the Minotaur’s Labyrinth, and fight in the gladiator games!”
- a new storyline revolving around the newly raised Dominus
- new artifacts through raid adventures, with 5 upgrade levels
- fabled items — or some of them, anyway — will be demoted to lootable and craftable status
- a rating system for players who own a Maze
- a new order trial, party skirmishes
My.com has a separate dev blog out for gearing up too. MOP’s MJ Guthrie poked her head into Allods — for the first time! — just a few weeks ago; you can watch her show below. Warning: Gibberlings ahead!