The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we have stories and videos from TERA, Rend, Tree of Savior, Dragon Nest, Neverwinter, Armored Warfare, EVE Online, Overwatch, ARK, Wakfu, Destiny, and Pokemon Go, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Glory Ridge: This mobile MMORTS has launched for both Android and iOS. “Players can jump into a world filled with epic guild territory warfare, challenging boss battles, and empire building.”
- Rend: The team gave a behind-the-scenes report on what’s happening in the studio.
- Armored Warfare: The new PvP Waterway map is being loosely modeled after the Panama Canal.
- Dragon Nest: New spin-off classes are being developed for this MMO overseas.
- Pokemon Go: A recent event saw players capturing 290 million grass-type critters worldwide. The grass-type critters industry has yet to publish a statement. We’re currently in the middle of Adventure Week, with bonus items and pokeballs being awarded.
- EVE Online: The team revealed the prizes that will be awarded to the winning teams of Alliance Tournament XV. Lots of PLEX, lots of ships.
- Tree of Savior: Move fast and you can benefit from some events and promotions, including a first-time player event, a returning player event, and free stuff you can grab on Steam. [Thanks Colton!]
Odds and Ends
- Destiny: One raid team decided to kill every boss in the game without using guns or dying. Crazy, but they did it!
- Wakfu: To fix an issue that caused resources to disappear, this MMO had to perform a full ecosystem reset.
- Overwatch: The official reason why the graphic novel was canceled? “The reason had less to do with the specific content in that novel and more to do with the way that it would have limited us. It was a very specific, contained story.”
- Neverwinter: “Anger and confusion” swirled about a recent promotion for Xbox players. The upside? The team is giving away a green beetle mount to anyone who plays the game now and in the future.
- ZeniMax: ZeniMax filed yet another lawsuit against Oculus VR after winning a half-billion in courts earlier this year.
- Esports: Facebook signed a deal with ESL to bring exclusive esports content to the site.
- TERA: Thailand publisher Playwith signed a deal to operate this game in the country.
Giant bees and sharks with laser beams on their heads are just the tip of ARK’s newest update: