The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we have stories and videos from Black Death, Hellion, Astellia Online, Overwatch, DayZ, Pirate101, Armored Warfare, Aion, Elder Scrolls Online, Path of Exile, Dungeon Fighter Online, Wurm Online, Revelation Online, Osiris: New Dawn, Dark Age of Camelot, Age of Wushu 2, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Age of Wushu 2: Get a handle on the difference between this sequel’s factions and schools (and start thinking about how you’ll build your character).
- Hellion: The team explains why this survival game needs a tutorial.
- Osiris New Dawn: A massive “Bugkiller” patch has arrived. Guess what it does?
- Armored Warfare: Update 0.20 will bring a streamlined garage, a new user interface, and more balance changes.
- DayZ: Trees, wind, and rain are all beneficiaries of this game’s latest patch. [Thanks Agemyth!]
- Revelation Online: Monthly community challenges are coming to the game starting in June, doling out special rewards to anyone who achieves them.
- Dark Age of Camelot: The third chapter of the year-long Dragon’s Curse event has arrived, and this time it’s brought some RvR bonuses with it!
- Dungeon Fighter Online: Level from one to 80 “in the blink of an eye” with this Golden Capsule event. [Thanks Colton!]
- Path of Exile: The team talks about what it’s going to be doing with its Breach and Legacy events going forward.
- Aion: Collect and open nesting dolls in this unique event!
Odds and Ends
- Elder Scrolls Online: The final Morrowind character profile is up, so go acquaint yourself with Naryu Virian.
- Overwatch: Blizzard explained why it nixed the “rate this match” feature.
- Twitch: One guy created an automated system that allows for votes from the Twitch crowd to invest $50,000 of his own money in stocks for him.
One player’s project to rebuild Ultima Online in Wurm Online continues with the construction of Vesper:
Take a vacation in Armored Warfare’s new tropical coast map!
Pirate101’s June newsletter takes a particular shine to Zeena (warrior princess):
Part trading card game, part MMO, and all style. Check out Astellia Online:
Black Death looks back at a year of development and forward to its next update: