From Zulika Mi-Nam’s Adventures in Tale of Toast:
- Log into a game to do some play testing.
- “Hey, look at these cutsie graphics and those childlike animations!”
- Kill some level 1 and level 2 bunnies rabbits and some loot drops right on the ground from time to time.
- Find a treasure chest with a level 5 baddie guarding it.
- Make that baddie chase me around a tree and out run him back to that chest and loot it and get away: “Haha this is easy and I got a badass level 5 sword… gonna save that for later.”
- Go to town sell my trash loot and head back out.
- Take on a level 3 mushroom: “Pfft no problem.”
- Gonna go for this level 4 bat: “Woah this could go either way… depends on who lands the next hit….yah! Loot sound! Wait, he is bouncing away… I’m dead… then what was that loot?”
- Respawns and looks at inventory: “That… that was the sword I was saving, and it is just laying out there on the ground now.”
- Do the walk of shame to retrieve my sword and turn to shake my childlike fist at that bat. “I’ll be back! You… you fooled me with your cutsieness.”
I definitely love interesting and unusual NPC character models in MMOs, so I took a shine to this odd fellow in Black Desert Online.
“The best thing was how realistic his facial expressions and gestures were,” posted Koshelkin. “Sadly, that can’t be captured in a screencap.”
Last week I asked for some macabre screenshots, and honestly? I was a little let down how tame the responses were. I really thought we’d be swimming in bathtubs of viscera and skeletons, but I guess everyone has more propriety than I.
Toy Clown did intrigue me with this picture of a “pool of floaters” in Elder Scrolls Online. That’s unfortunate terminology, but what can you do?
“If you enjoy spelunking (i. e. caving), this one is worth a look,” mentions Miol. “With all its nooks and crannies, it’s finally something for explorers again! At long last, it has given Anet’s awesome map artists a new chance to utilize Guild Wars 2’s abilities of verticality!”
Another good reminder that housing in World of Warcraft is for everyone other than world-saving heroes. But drug-addled Elves? Sure! Why not!
Minimalistway brought this pic to our attention: “In Suramar, a beautiful city which makes me wish Landmark or some other title could provide Minecraft-like gameplay. I want to build a house like the ones I see in Suramar, but Landmark is dead and Minecraft is… boxy.”
Now that June is in full swing, my mind has turned to summer. And what’s more summer than camping? So this week’s screenshot challenge is themed around camping in MMOs: Tents, summer camp-like areas, forested retreats, etc. Do you have any pictures of camps?