Lord of the Rings Online expansion into the long-awaited country of Mordor is going to be called… Mordor. Let that sink in for a minute.
The Standing Stone Games team devoted an hour-long livestream to unveiling key details (but not everything!) about this summer’s expansion, including the following:
- Mordor will add five regions to the game and increase the level cap by 10 to 115. Crafting will also be increased to 115 and the virtue cap will increase to 20.
- The expansion is “not going to be easy” but “not discouragingly difficult.” Stay on the main path for easier going!
- An “ashes” barter system will allow you to buy gear upgrades that haven’t dropped for you yet, curbing RNG frustration.
- High Elves will have their own starting area and be able to roll every class except Burglar and Beorning. They’ll also have their own racial traits and skills.
- The allegiance system allows you to pledge your efforts to a race and earn special rewards (including cosmetics). You can work on more than one allegiance, although they get progressively harder the more you do.
- Legendary items will get new relics and additional legacy tiers.
- Barbershops will now allow you to modify all of your character’s visual details (but you can’t change your race).
- The anticipated avatar revamp is going to start with Man and Elves.
- The expansion will also take players to Erebor (The Hobbit’s Lonely Mountain) for the first time.
You can watch it for the full scoop below!