The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from SWTOR, Warframe, Rappelz, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Stardew Valley, World of Tanks, Starcraft Remastered, Armored Warfare, Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter, RuneScape, Pokemon Go, Dota 2, Wakfu, and Skyforge, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds: Is e-sports in this game’s future? The team says that it’s taking “baby steps” toward this right now.
- RuneScape: You can now see the sum total of all of your achievements in the game thanks to RuneScore.
- Armored Warfare: Hop into one of five new progression vehicles and take the fight to the Waterway map with this past week’s update.
- Starcraft Remastered: This multiplayer game got another patch full of bug… fixes.
- Rappelz: There’s a dungeon-centric patch coming on September 12th that will take players into Devildom. Spent a long time thinking up that name, apparently. [Source: Press release]
- Neverwinter: The Siege of Neverwinter event is back through September 14th, during which you can earn a griffin or an extra companion!
- Warframe: Wear a (free) orange suit during the month of September to show solidarity against Leukemia! [Thanks Zen Dadaist and sophiskiae!]
Odds and Ends
- Skyforge: Learn more about your enemy — demons, in particular — so that you may defeat them better!
- Wakfu: There’s a new animated short out that shines a spotlight on the “legend” of Ogrest. Looks cute! [Thanks Siphaed!]
- Dota 2: Want to stick it to the Man for not making the video game you wanted? Review bomb a different game that the Man did make! That’ll teach him!
- Pokemon Go: The game’s raiding feature is reportedly a mess — and players are not happy.
- Stardew Valley: The port to Nintendo’s Switch is coming along nicely, according to the studio.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: There’s an exploit going on with Umbara. Don’t use it. You’ve been warned.
“Grand battles” with 30v30 fights are now all the rage in World of Tanks:
One fan put together a history video looking back at Nightfall in anticipation of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire: