A week or two ago, Massively OP reader Sally Bowls proposed a Leaderboard too intriguing to pass up. “How about a poll on your lockbox purity?” she suggested, rattling off eight possible answers to a question about how “pure” you are when it comes to lockboxes and MMOs – in other words, it breaks down how far you’re willing to go to avoid them. In fact, I have a few options I want to add to in the interest of seeing whether folks who support lockboxes are really only supporting them because they want whales to pay our way. Plus, elf butts.
Let’s do it. To the pollmobile!
I’ve set it so that multiple options are possible.
Under what conditions, if any, do you buy lockboxes in MMOs and online games?
- I buy lockboxes with real money regularly. Getcher harpoons, I am a whale! (2%, 22 Votes)
- I buy lockboxes with real money occasionally. I really want that thing, you guys. (17%, 197 Votes)
- I do not buy lockboxes with real money, but I am fine with whales buying them to keep my game alive. (9%, 105 Votes)
- I do not buy lockboxes with real money, but I will spend in-game currency to buy them. (19%, 223 Votes)
- I open lockboxes only when they (or their keys, etc.) are given to me for free in a game. (45%, 531 Votes)
- I won't even open free lockboxes with free keys in games that have them. (2%, 23 Votes)
- I do not play any games with lockboxes period. (3%, 39 Votes)
- Elf butts / no response / just want to see standings (4%, 42 Votes)
Total Voters: 961