It’s time to take a diversion to play — and listen — to the minigames tucked inside of our MMOs! The Battle Bards haul out their last show of 2012 with an eclectic and fun assortment of minigame soundtracks. While minigame-specific music might be hard to hunt down, this trio did their best and are reasonably satisfied with the result. Which is good, because no refunds on this podcast!
Battle Bards is a bi-weekly podcast that alternates between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
- Intro (feat. “Darkmoon Faire” from World of Warcraft, “Artifact Hunt” from Free Realms, and “Sneaky Block” from Trove)
- “Bonus Stage” from Guild Wars 2
- “Pet Battles” from World of Warcraft
- “Triple Triad” from Final Fantasy XIV
- “Choo Choo Zoo” from Wizard101
- “Space Missions (Republic)” from Star Wars: The Old Republic
- “Pest Control” from RuneScape
- “Checkers” from Free Realms
- Which one did we like best?
- Listener notes: Skaldrom, Minimalistway, and Rafael12104
- Jukebox picks: “Temple of the Fist” from FFXIV: Stormblood, “Main Theme” from Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and VGMpire
- Outro (feat. “Jump Rope” from Master X Master)