While the bulk of Hi-Rez Expo 2018 is taken up with the various tournaments, the fans have their own contest open to them: Welcome to cosplay. I’ve been bumping into Paladins and SMITE characters out and about all weekend, but the contest showcased some super impressive costumes. If you’ve ever wanted to see a Ao Kuang in real life, good news for you: He won first place! Second place went to Skadi, and third was Bellona.
Congratulations to all the participants, both on stage and off! If you weren’t able to make the event, you can still admire many of the costumes in the video and gallery below.
All the winners of the 2018 contest:
- 1st place/Best Workmanship – Ao Kuang by Manlima
- 2nd place – Skadi Dragonkin by Haiden Hazard
- 3rd place – Bellona by Seraph Cosplay
- 4th Place – Hachimen by Suntwokong
- 5th place – The Morrigan by Amanda Skies
- 6th place – Jing Wei by Courtney Deter
- First Runner Up – The Morrigan by Kristen McCahill
- Second Runner Up/Judges Choice – Maeve by Diana Simon
- Third Runner Up – bloodthirster Izanami by Maddy Lawler
- Most Creative – Raeve Maeve by Hanna Kime