Age of Conan’s Saga of Zath server officially launched yesterday, drawing fresh attention back to the game that Funcom maintenance-moded by proxy last year but apparently just isn’t done with. Zath has a ruleset similar to the base PvE server’s, only you have to create a new toon to zip through a “saga quest,” which will give you special rewards that you can then take with you back to Crom when the time limit is up.
According to the comments on our articles so far, Age of Conan hasn’t got quite the traction RIFT (to say nothing of WoW) has with the expansion-progression server or vanilla server idea, but then, this isn’t exactly like those; it’s a little bit more like Diablo III’s seasonal servers, right down to keeping all your loot at the end, but it’s still something new for fans of the original Conan MMO. Future saga servers, Funcom has said, will come with ruleset tweaks.
Let’s take it to the polls for another Leaderboard: Will you be playing Age of Conan’s new server?
Will you be playing Age of Conan's Saga servers?
- Yep. I play AOC already, and I can't wait for this. Take my money. (3%, 6 Votes)
- Yes! I used to play AOC, but this server will bring me back. (24%, 47 Votes)
- Yes! I've never played AOC, but I'll give this server a try. (4%, 7 Votes)
- Maybe. I want to see how it shakes out before deciding. (19%, 36 Votes)
- No, I won't play the Saga servers, but I will still play regular AOC. (1%, 2 Votes)
- No. I don't like the Zath ruleset, but I am open to other Saga rulesets in the future. (5%, 9 Votes)
- No. I don't like alternative servers in MMOs at all. (2%, 4 Votes)
- No. There's nothing that would bring me back to AOC. (20%, 38 Votes)
- No. I've never played AOC and won't play this either. (8%, 16 Votes)
- Elf butts / no vote / just view responses. (14%, 27 Votes)
Total Voters: 186
OPTV fans: Stay tuned for this weekend, as we’ll be streaming our foray into the new server!