What are your favorite memories of those first few days in a brand-new MMORPG? Chances are that those memories are inextricably connected to the music of these beginning areas. On today’s episode of Battle Bards, the crew revisits starting zone themes to talk about the experience of those first critical steps in an online game — and the songs that connect us forever to that.
Battle Bards is a bi-weekly podcast that alternates between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 118 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Dun Morogh” from World of Warcraft, “Autumn in Ascalon” from Guild Wars, and “Silverwood” from RIFT)
- “Emerald Falls” from Revelation Online
- “Bleakrock Isle” from Elder Scrolls Online
- “Ronfaure” from Final Fantasy XI
- “Azuremyst Isle” from World of Warcraft
- “Olvia” from Black Desert
- “The Black Shroud” from Final Fantasy XIV
- “Newbie Melody” from RuneScape
- Which one did we like best?
- Listener Notes: Hirvox and GeorgeWilson3
- Jukebox Picks: “Main Menu” from Life is Strange: Before the Storm, “With Sympathy” from Gears of War 2, “The Descent into Spring Valley” from Nine Parchments
- Outro (feat. “Isle of Refuge” from EverQuest II)