The MOP Up: Seal Online embraces a cartoony spirit (April 15, 2018)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Seal Online, Trove, Pokemon Go, Sea of Thieves, Tales of Gaia, Battlerite, War of Rights, PUBG, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes, Will to Live Online, and Prosperous Universe, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Will to Live Online: This post-apocalyptic MMORPG shooter takes players into the wastelands to battle mutants. It just went into early access on April 5th.
- Seal Online: Looking for an MMO with a different look? Try Seal Online, an MMO with a cartoonish look, eight classes, and fifteen changing occupations.
- War of Rights: Update 104 added a new skirmish area to Harper’s Ferry and a possible fix for “twisted neck issues.”
- Pokemon Go: While players around the world try to hunt down critters that originated from the Kanto Region, some dataminers have discovered yet more pokemon that might be coming to the game.
Odds and Ends
- City of Heroes: Fans are voting on the name of the 14th anniversary badge for this late, great superhero MMO.
- World of Warcraft: This month’s Humble Book Bundle is on video games and includes The Warcraft Civilization by Bainbridge. Thanks Henry!
- Netmarble: The mobile MMO developer is moving its US office to Los Angeles. So, you know, now you have another reason to visit the city.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds: If you’re installing the game, keep an eye out for this ransomware that will lock up your install.
- Tales of Gaia: Snail Games has rolled out its mobile game with a worldwide launch on April 10th.
- Trove: An issue with duplicate purchases on the PS4 kept this game down for the better part of a day.
Check out this GDC talk about how Rare crafted the unique look for Sea of Thieves:
A spooky Tales of Horror event has arrived in Battlerite for the recent Friday the 13th:
Prosperous Universe put out a quick guide to exchanging one type of fictional currency for another: