We spent most of this week watching the slow-motion (and not-so-slow-motion) implosion of a well-known company, so it’s easy for big beta news to have been put on the sidelines. For example, did you notice that World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is in beta testing now? Any other week that would be up for headlines! It kind of got tossed to the back burner this week.
There was other news, too, including lots of launch dates. Don’t believe me? Well, just check this out:
- We can start with Durango: Wild Lands as it approaches launch on mobile. If you felt like there were not enough dinosaurs on your mobile device, that comes out next month.
- Open beta is arriving for Legends of Aria in June, or at least that’s the plan. No precise date just yet, but it does mean that May will be pretty busy.
- Going for broke, Wild West Online is just straight-up launching on May 10th. No backsies, no ascending stages of testing, just launch. That is… gutsy. That’s some guts.
- Bless Online is not launching next month in full, but it will be on Steam, and it has given potential players a good idea of the big changes coming for that arrival.
- Last and most definitely least, H1Z1 is actually coming to the PlayStation 4. With no crafting system at all. Super. Darn it, Daybreak worked its way in here after all.
Ah, well, let’s not dwell on all of that. Let’s move on to the list of games in testing! Some of them in testing forever, some of them never to move on! Some of them to never move on officially, but with working cash shops that make a mockery of the term “open beta!” Let us know if you see any of those down there, we appreciate it.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Backer alpha zero
Bless Online: Early access starts in May
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha, beta on July 4th
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Closed beta, open beta on May 24th
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Defiance 2050: Almost beta
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Pre-alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Just Survive: Paid early access
Legends of Aria: Closed beta, open beta in June
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Occupy White Walls: Closed alpha
OrbusVR: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Exiled: Early access; formerly Das Tal
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
TUG: Early access alpha, possibly abandoned
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Wild West Online: Early access alpha, launching on May 10th
Worlds Adrift: Closed beta, early access on May 17th