Look down — and it’ll be the last thing you’ll ever see! That’s because fury and death arrive in the form of short character races in MMORPGs. Even if they hit below the belt, their music is sweet to the ears! In this episode of Battle Bards, the crew take on themes from Gnomes, Halflings, Dwarves, and other short races in MMOs.
Battle Bards is a bi-weekly podcast that alternates between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Listen to Episode 120: Short stuff (or download it) now:
Episode 120 show notes (show page, direct download)
- Intro (feat. “Dwarf Tavern” from World of Warcraft, “The Gnomes” from Project Copernicus, and “Exploring the Shire” from Lord of the Rings Online)
- “The Call of Stone” from Warhammer Online
- “Gnomes” from EverQuest Online Adventures
- “Asura Theme” from Guild Wars 2
- “New Tinkertown” from World of Warcraft
- “Gnome Village II” from RuneScape
- “Thorin’s Hall” from Lord of the Rings Online
- “Dwarven Village Theme” from Lineage II
- Which one did we like best?
- Listener Notes: Chestnut Bowl, Fair Mores
- Jukebox Picks: “Nomads of the White Desert” from Assassin’s Creed Origins, “Deployment” from Hive Jump, and “First Steps” from Celeste
- Outro (feat. “Dwarf Cave” from Forsaken World)