On this week’s show, Bree and Justin do their darndest to shape the MMO industry by holding up Wild West Online as a cautionary tale and talking about how studios need to think before applying real-world labels to games.
It’s the Massively OP Podcast, an action-packed hour of news, tales, opinions, and gamer emails! And remember, if you’d like to send in your own letter to the show, use the “Tips” button in the top-right corner of the site to do so.
Listen to the show right now:
- Adventures in MMOs: World of Warcraft, DDO, Pillars of Eternity, Trove, Conan Exiles
- News: Wild West Online flops out of the gate
- News: LOTRO tests class changes, updates old zones
- News: NCsoft financials
- News: APB Reloaded and Fallen Earth parent company purchased
- News: H1Z1’s future is shaky
- News: Guild Wars 2 revamps underwater combat, Guild Wars 1 updates graphics
- Mailbag: Terminology and mental health
- Mailbag: Why is MMO combat getting faster?
- Download Episode 170
- Podcast theme: “Resplendent Makuun” from Guild Wars
- Your show hosts: Justin and Bree
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, Google Play, and Pocket Casts
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock setting.