There are only a handful of games you can celebrate launching by releasing an actual airship into the sky, but Worlds Adrift is one of them. And fortunately for the lighter-than-air flight crowd, that’s exactly what the studio did. Of course, it’s just an early access launch, but hey. Points along the way.
More beta news? I guess, all right.
- There are hints of more details coming about Amazon’s New World. Which is good, because boy, sometimes the beta field is thin upon the ground.
- Speaking of things getting thin upon the ground… yeah, if you had invested in long-term stocks in Just Survive, you may want to unload those investments. There’s another patch coming, but removing all paid lockboxes doesn’t scream “and good news to come.”
- Do you want to drive cars around? The Crew 2 will let you do just that when its closed beta starts up on May 31st. There are probably other mechanics, but… cars.
- The subscription plans for Bless Online have been adjusted and unveiled, but you shouldn’t call them subscriptions. Call them something else, like… happiness payments! Something light and airy, you get the idea.
- Last but not least, let’s just enjoy some stats from the Defiance 2050 closed beta. Stats are fun.
There are no stats included below in our testing list, but there is relevant and important information you can analyze, so that’s a good thing. Why not duck below and check it out? Of course, if you notice something that we missed, please do let us know down in the comments, whether it’s a changed test state or just something that soft launched without us noticing.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Backer alpha zero
Bless Online: Early access starts in May
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha, beta on July 4th
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Closed beta, open beta on May 24th
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Defiance 2050: Almost beta
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Pre-alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Just Survive: Paid early access
Legends of Aria: Closed beta, open beta in June
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Occupy White Walls: Closed alpha
OrbusVR: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Rend: Alpha testing
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
TUG: Early access alpha, possibly abandoned
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access